• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Belle of Belmont

Thanks for the positive vibes and good wishes guys. Carved out some time on the bench, man I hate painting red.

h0c63b78.jpg

Nothing major to report, I've sealed in the red with AlcladII Aqua Clear. Need to figure out what green this puppy is gonna be and which prop she gets. The two shots I have of her the motor is running so hard to tell if it's the thin one or fat one. Might build up both and see what looks good.

Reading through this thread, I'm going with the fat prop. :pilot

https://ww2aircraft.net/forum/threads/p-47-prop-question.40111/

Yep the paddle blade prop would be the proper one.

I had a friend who was a P47 pilot in the 513th FS, he mentioned how the performance was drastically different in a dog fight, the climb rate was reduced with the tooth pick blades.

h5be0185.jpeg

Didn't post this shot of the Belle.

Notice the pylon is painted black, but if you look at the standards for invasion stripes it should be in the white zone. So...the invasion stripes are not standard. :hmmm

Been working on the prop, every time I look at it there's another blemish on it. Just trying to get something right. :bang head

I also question if the underside is NMF. :hmmm :hmmm

Should be the thin curtiss prob but 56th loved the wider paddle blade and switched all their a/c to it from what I can find. So go with the paddle blade.

Maybe this post will help http://p47.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewtopic&topic_id=128328

If I get some time will see if I have anything else.
JAmes

As to the NMF on the bottom sides, from photos we know the fuselage was a grey underside. Thus the wings should have been the same. What I think you are seeing is some paint wear on the leading edge of the wing. Also light grey would reflect light about the same as worn bare aluminum.

Look at the B-29's "FIFI" as opposed to the newly restored "Doc". "FIFI" has a worn aluminum finish that is quite flat and grey colored. A lot of Doc is polished and shiny!

Mmmmmm shi-ny!

h5be0185.jpeg

Didn't post this shot of the Belle.

Notice the pylon is painted black, but if you look at the standards for invasion stripes it should be in the white zone. So...the invasion stripes are not standard. :hmmm

Been working on the prop, every time I look at it there's another blemish on it. Just trying to get something right. :bang head

I also question if the underside is NMF. :hmmm :hmmm

So...started to mask for the invasion stripes and quickly figured, these ain't text book stripes. Without getting into the math and guestimations of what stripe fell where, I'm figuring these are 18" stripes, not 20. 18 works out better. Just trust me... :tomato

Back