• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Belle of Belmont

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
I've been feeling like some OD lately and wanted to do something. Would like to get a good kit under my belt before tackling that F111 so I pulled out something I've been saving up for.

Razorback P47D with some extras.

:pilot

h176108c.jpg

h9c919bb.jpg

Interesting scheme, she's a D-Day vet as she has invasion stripes on the bottom but looking at the artwork it would appear they were painted over up top. Even the ETO bands seem to be over painted with OD. That'll make some interesting color variations plus the NMF frames of the canopy.

Think I'm going to do her up with wing tanks as she was photoed here.

http://www.americanairmuseum.com/aircraft/18484

You can see some sloppy paint work over the leading edge, think I'd get dinged for that if I show it? :frantic

If you have a reference photo that shows it, do it I say. Then it isn't you being sloppy, it's being accurate. :hmmm

Interesting scheme in that they said it was blue on the site, not OD.

If you have a reference photo that shows it, do it I say. Then it isn't you being sloppy, it's being accurate. :hmmm

Interesting scheme in that they said it was blue on the site, not OD.

Don't think I need to hit that site anymore...

Little Friends website would be a better reference.

http://www.littlefriends.co.uk/gallery.php?Group=56&Style=searchItem&Item=120&searchString=63rd%20Fighter%20Squadron

Blue it will not be. :pilot

from what i'm reading Paul, these P47s came to the front in NMF and were camoed at the depot. Notice there are many that the canopy frame and the inset behind the pilot are NMF, that's because they just masked off the closed canopy. I'm reading there's some debate if this was the RAF green or US OD, me, I'm going US OD with a less weathered, darker OD over where the invasion stripes would have been.

Awesome Bob!

I've often toyed with the idea of getting a jug, if I do, it would be a razorback!

Looking forward to this build.

:popcorn

Cool aircraft Bob! P-47s are one of my all time favorites! I noticed the different drop tanks in the photo. The flat tank on the right side and what looks like a paper tank on the left. Little details that make these things unique!

Will be watching Boss!

Cool aircraft Bob! P-47s are one of my all time favorites! I noticed the different drop tanks in the photo. The flat tank on the right side and what looks like a paper tank on the left. Little details that make these things unique!

Will be watching Boss!

Good eye Mike, Looks like the 110 gal and 150 gal tanks.

Well I carved out some bench time last night and today. Felt good to get my mind off projects that have no goalpost at work.

h2eee9cc.jpg

h421348e.jpg

h4a6a8f2.jpg

Yes I did the seatbelts dissimilar because I saw it once in a B52, just mixing it up a bit.

The interior green, it's one part black and one part Yellow zinc chromate. Still looks like interior green to me Ian but that's what IMPS Stockholm said to do.

Nothing but kit parts, the resin cockpit I got is for a Hasagaw kit and i'm in no state to try to make it work.

IP ain't bad for kit part and decals. I added a few Aeroscale plates just to break things up.

Back