• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Belle of Belmont

Looking very good there friend. The oversprayed invasion striped look just right. The topside green looks a couple of shades too light to my eye, but it may darken down some with a gloss coat on top. Chipped leading edge looks just superb.

As for the NMF underside debate (?). I'd say yes simply because it's documented that some of the very late razorbacks were delivered in NMF in May & June '44 (Bob Johnsons' 'Penrod & Sam' immediately springs to mind). Its also documented that some of those razorbacks were part or in-whole repainted at depot level and also at unit level, so in absence of any evidence to the contrary, there's a great argument for having yours in RAF Dark Green (?) and NMF... and let's be honest, it'll look great !!

Ian.

Ian I can add a touch of black to the green I'm using and darken it up some more, maybe I should have used a black base instead of primer grey.

Thanks for the comments. :pilot

Ian I can add a touch of black to the green I'm using and darken it up some more, Thanks for the comments. :pilot

Or a darker green, if you have something like a RLM 'Black Green' that could work better... just a thought. Going to do a little more on mine this morning, some touching-up to do and I want to get the cowl on aswell.

Best

Ian.

Actually I think I do have that. how about a darkening of the panels lines with it and a slight over spray of the rest? RLM 70 right?

too late...:rotf

I shot some of that black green RLM70 and saw how dark it was so stripped the old and shot new. Nice session in the garage this afternoon. See what can get accomplished when you have work projects off your back? :dance

Felt so good even the mask came off. :dude

hbe17eac.jpg

h7bac371.jpg

he16fda0.jpg

hcac7dfa.jpg

Had one little mishap with the mask, I didn't trim away as much as I needed. Easy fix.

Not sure how much, if any, fading this gets. Think just dirt and grime is in order.

Looks good, glad the masks did perform their usual ritual. :laugh: That chipping looks swell, keep going. :pilot

Slipped some new photos in that I missed Bob! This is really looking good! I especially like how the metal finish turned out. The chipped paint on the edges looks pretty realistic as well. (y) (y)

Back