• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Badger customer service

jknaus

Administrator
They suck!! Anyone else deal with Badger about air brush repair? I tried emailing and this morning phoned. I got cut off and put on hold for a minute then got a service rep. All I want to know is how do I pay for the return. Instead I was told use the post office or fedex to send it. Okay but what about the return. Oh....I dont know. I guess send credit card info or a cheque. Arrrgggghhh. I think instead I'll find a web site that has instructions for changing a needle bearing and not bother with Badger again. :java

James

Well I had problems with the badger I wrote to them a few times and there was no response, so I bought on-line the parts because I had no patience to wait :angry: (year 2005) . Later I still had problems with my badger and I eventually bought Iwata from Bear Air

All the best!!!
Dusan.

I know Bob has had his brushes reworked by Badger, don't know the particulars of that transaction. Seems like a friendly, helpful voice on the other end of the line would boost their business. Makes me not want to buy that Krome I was thinking about. :hmmm

James,

I just spoke to Ken on the phone and he said to simply enclose a check with the airbrush made out to them, for the same amount of the postage cost to send it to them and that should be fine.

Here's a link to the service page in case you didn't see it.

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Service-Supprt.asp

I've also sent Ken a link to this thread, just in case he wants to chime in.

Mike,

I wouldn't reconsider the Krome, it's a great airbrush. Only international shipping requires postage, so with you being in the states you simply pay to mail it to them and get the repair and the return postage for free.

I honestly can't think of better service than what Badger offers, unless of course they came and got it from you at home and then took you out to dinner and a ball game while you waited.

B)

Thanks Ken. I really like the airbrush, but the customer service has soured me to them. I did see the page and read it a couple of times in case I missed something. I'll do as suggested. I hope Ken does look at this and maybe address the customer support as I'm not the only one with a problem.
I appreciate you checking into this for me.
James

Just want to say that I've dealt with Badger regarding parts....and long before SMA and contests and all that stuff...

Needed parts for a 150. Had great service.

People do have off days...even customer care people, but I encourage you to get to the bottom of things with Ken 'Badger' himself. He'll make it right.

James,

I apologize if our service information and response wasn't up to par. Badger truly cares about the satisfaction of the users of its products, and always tries to do its best in service matters. Although there are several excellent airbrush manufacturers, in addition to Badger Air-Brush Co., we truly believe our conscientious customer care sets us apart from the other airbrush companies. Your making us aware of our service shortcoming in this case will help us do a better job in the future.

To cover return freight on an International service matter include a check, made payable to Badger Air-Brush Co., in an equal dollar amount to your cost of sending the aibrush to us.

If I can assist you in any way, please email me directly to kenbadger@aol.com

Ken 'BADGER' Schlotfeldt
BADGER AIR-BRUSH CO.
President and C.E.O.

BADGER/Thayer & Chandler
AMERICAN MADE AIRBRUSH EXCELLENCE
www.BadgerAirBrush.com

Hi all, Ken,

I bought my first airbrush, a Badger many years ago, then bought another one, the 150.

I litterally destroied it and I have tried to contact Badger a couple of times, both times they emailed me back telling me that someone was going to contact me.

Well, never happened..

I bought another airbrush from a different manufacturer but I really wanted to repair mine.

I'm happy to read that some of you had a great experience, I hope to get an answer as well sometimes.

Ciao a tutii.

Giovanni

James, sorry you had that experience. Guess you rattled the cage pretty good, thanks for the comments guys and welcome aboard Ken Schlotfeldt!

I have to say that when I sent my 2 airbrushes off for service I had no problem, I emailed about the return and by the time I got a reply, the airbrushes were back in my hand.

Thank you very much Ken. I really love my airbrush so its not a case of the product. I will send it with the cheque and look forward to being able to use it again. As a matter of fact I like it so much I bought another in case I couldnt get this one fixed. Again thank you.
James

Giovanni,

Unfortunately I do not recall your email to my company, based on the name. please directly send me the email you have previously sent to our productservice@badgerairbrush.com email address. My email address is kenbadger@aol.com

All Badger airbrushes have a lifetime warranty, but please note we cannot service an airbrush by email. On matters in which we can assist users in remedying concerns on thier own, without the inconvenience of their returning the airbrush to us, we do our best to provide that assistance.

each email to our product service email address is replied to with a thorough troubleshooting guide http://www.badgerairbrush.com/PDF/Ultimate%20101ChooseTroubleshoot.pdf

and a link to what to do to send us your airbrush for factory service.
http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Service-Supprt.asp (Giovanni, if you go to this link it will provide you information on how to get your airbrush serviced. Was this link not provided in the repsonse you received?)

If we realize the writer is not in North America, we will usually try to provide them the most efficient service outlet in proximity to them.

additionally, if you do phone our company during our operating hours (0830 - 1630 CST, Monday-Friday) you will usually get a live voice anwering the phone, not an automated system.

Take air,
Ken 'BADGER' Schlotfeldt
BADGER AIR-BRUSH CO.
President and C.E.O.

BADGER/Thayer & Chandler
AMERICAN MADE AIRBRUSH EXCELLENCE
www.BadgerAirBrush.com

No problem James.

When we know of a concern we try to pro-actively address it. Can't always do everything exactly as others think we should, but we do give all reasonable suggestions consideration and try to adjust what we find feasible to adjust. Forums like this help us in that process.

Of course, I am late to chime in. So far, I have several badger airbrushes over the years and I end up giving many away so as to have an excuse to buy a new one! Perhaps I am lucky that I have not needed service on any.

Welcome aboard Ken!

Regards,

I wanted to share an extremely positive experience with my initial phone call to Badger Airbrush Co and a most courteous and helpful conversation with Ken 'Badger' on several occasions. You see I am in sales and am the first to admit that it is customer service that wins you over and over and over and keeps you coming back and making product and company referrals to others.

I sat down one morning with three Airbrush companies written down with phone numbers to make a call to in order to see who really wanted my business or who I could likely trust to call if and when I had a problem or question. It went Badger, Paasche and Iwata in that order. First call, a most pleasant 'hello' not a menu driven push button pick a language and listen closely and pick a number answer but a real human being greeted me with a smile you could feel through the phone, outstanding I thought, how good can this get? A few simple questions to me and then I was connected with the person that could most likely help me who introduced himself as 'Ken'......just 'Ken'. Casual, welcoming greeting and a sincere interest in my interests and my questions and purpose for this call. I explained my interest in learning to use an airbrush and a likely use on RC car bodies, patient, non interruptive answers came back to me, no pressure no indication of just who or what this 'Ken' guys purpose was at Badger Airbrush Co. I've been in sales for over 25yrs, I learned something real quick from this contact, this company and Ken was getting my business hands down and they did, I did not call #2 or #3 on my list!

I am understanding of having an occasional character conflict or a misunderstanding of intent, knowing the integrity of Ken I know this thread doesn't settle well with this President and CEO of the company and it doesn't at all surprise me to see him outwardly try to make things right and offer his most sincere apologies and help. I am merely commenting as a sincere courteous return of the same treatment I was given as a no-name potential customer who just picked the phone to ask a few simple questions, the experience has been most reassuring that there truly are CEO's that genuinely care about 'Us' as their customers and representatives :)

Yep a lengthy reply, but one I hope others see 'clear air' on and have confidence to do business with Badger Airbrush Co and Ken Badger Shclotfeldt
Oh, and yes I am new here and you folks are giving me great motivation to become more proficient, thank you!

Thanks to everyone who chimed in. I am sure I could have handled my unhappiness in a better way than airing my problem here. But here is home. If I can put any kind of positive spin on this its the help I have received. A thanks to Ken Abrams for stepping in and calling support on my behalf to find what to do. To Saul for recommending the airbrush I have over the Tamiya or Iwata I was considering last year. To Ken 'BADGER' Schlotfeldt for the exceptional step of joining us and offering his help. I also want to thank every one who has chimed in and hope Dusan and Giovanni can also get the support they wanted. In my mind this matter has been rectified and I hope anyone looking for a new brush will not be discouraged, but rather comforted in knowing that customer service is important to Badger.
James Knaus

Thanx James.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your airbrush. And we'll do our best to get it back to you as soon as possible.

Thanx James.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your airbrush. And we'll do our best to get it back to you as soon as possible.

I just have to say to see a man believe so much in his product and the good name that his product have in our little industry that he will get on to a forum and sort it out - that man deserves my patronage.

Yup...I've had great service as well. My 360 wasn't working despite my best attempts to clean it...sent it in for service...they cleaned it better than I could and sent it back no charge...

I also met Ken at AMPS in VA last year...seems like a quality guy in our brief exchange!

I remember a lot from that weekend...was the best time I ever had networking with you and John! ;)

Back