• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Badger customer service

Personally I think having the top man from Badger come on here himself and to communicate directly with the issues raised, speaks volumes for the company (y)

I have the Crescendo 175, but i find it very difficult to get it clean inside, almost impossible to reach in there.
I bought a sonic cleaner, what can i use for cleaning fluid?
I think both enamels and acrylics hide in there :/
//Mats

I have the Crescendo 175, but i find it very difficult to get it clean inside, almost impossible to reach in there.
I bought a sonic cleaner, what can i use for cleaning fluid?
I think both enamels and acrylics hide in there :/
//Mats

you can use window cleaning agents for the ultra sonic bath but you could also give the ab a bath in "createx airbrush restorer" - that stuff is magic and removes any paint, no matter how hard and dry it is! believe me! i always use the airbrush restorer for thorough cleaning and no ultra sonic bath ...

Heya Mats...

I've heard people using Simple Green to good effect...not sure if it is available in your area though?

you can use window cleaning agents for the ultra sonic bath but you could also give the ab a bath in "createx airbrush restorer" - that stuff is magic and removes any paint, no matter how hard and dry it is! believe me! i always use the airbrush restorer for thorough cleaning and no ultra sonic bath ...

I've heard people using Simple Green to good effect...

I use Simple Green (about 20%), Windex (about 5%), a drop of grease cutting dish washing detergent (make 100% sure it is NOT the kind that is gentle to your hands as those have moisturizers such as fat), and 75% water in my ultra-sonic cleaner.

However, since my wife loves using my Simple Green for household cleaning, I may have to try the product Laura mentions.
5619_lg.jpg

This seems to only work with acrylics.

Regards,

I use simple green and water in an ultrasonic bath. Where could one get the stuff Laura mentions??
James

Where could one get the stuff Laura mentions?

Artistsupplies.com is located in Edmonton, that should be within three hours drive. In other words, closer than your mailbox.
:rotf

They do carry Createx. Give them a call: CALL TOLL-FREE: 1-800-661-9945 LOCAL(EDMONTON) 780.426.7820
FAX: 780.425.0513

Regards,

I may have to try the product Laura mentions.
25308-1006-3ww-l.jpg

This seems to only work with acrylics.

ntnt ... that's a cleaner for in between cleaning, not the restorer - the restorer dissolves acrylics and enamels ...

http://www.createxcolors.com/product/airbrushcolors/additives/main.html (scroll down to bottom of page)

Guys , just a reminder [ learned through my own episode ] , whatever " agent " you use to clean your airbrush , always continue to resoak and wash your airbrush with warm water after using your agent .
There are plastic/rubber " o " rings , washers and such that certain agents may slowly errode over time .

Episode 6 chapter 9 , The Life and Times of Glenn , as Equated to an Episode of Fawlty Towers .

Back