• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

B-57B Canberra - Italeri 1:72

ij001

Straight in with the date stamp pics:

hd5800fd.JPG

h2649a32.JPG

Hopefully at the end of the month, it'll look something like this:

hc4d97cc.jpg

71st BS based at Laon, France in 1957. Will start this afternoon, updates as and when.

Ian.

Glued the big bits together !!

hc79c4a9.JPG

h7d09422.JPG

h49d66b8.JPG

Next will be some blending and a little filling.

Ian.

What the ..... :blink ...... You just posted start date pictures like an hour ago :rotf

I guess it goes together pretty well, and if it does this might be my type of aircraft to build :drinks

I think it was Gary that did one in black about a year ago I loved it and I am sure I will love yours 2 :popcorn

I built a Vietnam version a few years ago. It was a relatively pain free build.

01.jpg

02.jpg

This has since fallen victim to a CAT strike, but there is another in the stash.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks chaps, s'pose it may be considered 'bragging' if I told y'all that I primered it this morning as soon as Daddies Little Stormtroopers went to school !!

Ian.

Stickers done !!

h7902d6e.JPG

h984d097.JPG

hfdcc1f6.JPG

hcf2f842.JPG

I cannot be certain, but I believe that this is the original late 1980's release of this kit, certainly it seems like it's been in my stash since then. Why is this relevant ??, the decals; They didn't fracture, they didn't curl-up like caterpillars and they didn't 'silver', they behaved impeccably, like any modern after-market set you care to name.

BIG Kudos to [strike]1908's[/strike] (well spotted, Dave), 1980's era Italeri :good:

Ian.

I guess if I could shake and bake one of these everyday I would get them all done before I die :eek:ldguy

Cheers, Christian B) Glad I only blinked twice :blink

And done:

h33ad844.JPG

h16a56bb.JPG

Daddies Little Stormtroopers took one look at it this morning and said,
"Dad, that looks just like 'Toothless' from 'How to train your Dragon' "

h5f767a0.jpg

I think that they have a good point !! - More photos in the 'Completion' thread. As ever thanks for the support and comments during this (short) project. Happy to take any questions, comments and criticism.

AFN

Ian.

Back