• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

ARVN M41A3

The PE came in about six weeks early :Drinks:

full

Worked a little on the turret this last weekend. I filled the slots on the side of the upper turret with .010 x .030 styrene strip. Trying to keep myself in check on the detailing. I sanded most of the welds on the turret off as they were in the wrong place.

full

full

Still chasing the filling of the sink marks on the top of the turret.

full

This is gonna be great fun! :yipee::vgood:
No need for "The Haunted Tank" decals or Confederate flags then? :lol:

"For Sale: Used ARVN M-41 Walker Bulldog. Low mileage, runs great! Tracks freshly lubed and tightened, cannon only fired a few times. Saigon phone books removed from driver, gunner, loader and commanders seat. 9,500,000.00 piasters or best offer. Ask for Charlie."

"For sale cheap: Lightly damaged 1968 Citroen. Clean title. Driver's seat heavily stained. Front clip in good shape. Parts only. "

This is gonna be great fun! :yipee::vgood:
No need for "The Haunted Tank" decals or Confederate flags then? :lol:

"For Sale: Used ARVN M-41 Walker Bulldog. Low mileage, runs great! Tracks freshly lubed and tightened, cannon only fired a few times. Saigon phone books removed from driver, gunner, loader and commanders seat. 9,500,000.00 piasters or best offer. Ask for Charlie."

"For sale cheap: Lightly damaged 1968 Citroen. Clean title. Driver's seat heavily stained. Front clip in good shape. Parts only. "

Glad someone is on the ball! Fantastic

:tens:

Sometimes the "text" doesn't convey the "context" of a post. My most fervent wish is that all you Men interpret my comments in the MOST humorous fashion. I do M/A for the fun of it. There is misery and angst enough in our World during these uncertain times.
Making models vacations my brain from the troubles of the day.

Small update on the M41

finished the casting texture on the cupola.

full

full

I thinned the back side of the fender storage boxes

full

full

It took many attempts to get the hair to hold just where I wanted it

full

This is such sensational work; such a thrill to follow!

Don't worry Chris, I always interpret the humor of your comments. I love how you come up with so much incredible humor I don't see until you reveal it!

More stuff arrived for this ever growing project.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Drew out a plan, rough plan and drawing, hopefully it will keep me on track

full

This should give everyone the direction I'm going. I need to lock down how I want the car sitting before doing the monster truck crunch.

The Shell station I planned on using foam core then gluing things to it, but I'm having a hard time cutting it. For the final one I just use styrene.
full

Put together three of the telegraph poles and then puttied with Tamiya putty
full

On to the M41, in my research I saw that the lids to the fender boxes and spot weld marks for the under support. I thought it would be fun to try and copy the look. I found center of the lid drew a line then marked the side to side spot weld marks.
I used a broken drill bit (bent too) to make the indentations. I did not stick to perfect placement as the factory did not either. Took a little time but was pretty easy to do.

full

full

full

full

full

full

Back