• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Arnhem STUG

reconron

I'm in with the Gunze Sangyo Stug in 1:35 scale,this is not the multi media kit but just styrene parts.
Got some Aber photo etch for it,but not going to use every part of it.
And sprockets from Modelkasten.

IMG_0090.JPG

START_STUG_2.jpg

START_STUG_3.jpg

My build will be based on one of the Stugs used by Sturmgeschützbrigade 280 during the fights in Arnhem/Oosterbeek
in September 1944.

STUG_OOSTERBEEK.jpg

Greetings,Ron.

Nice looking kit there Ron.

Is it just the MK sprockets? Or MK tracks too...And/or what are the kit tracks like?

Tom

Is it just the MK sprockets? Or MK tracks too...And/or what are the kit tracks like?

No MK tracks Tom.These are the tracks provided in the Gunze Sangyo kit;

AAAAH_TRACKS.jpg

I might gonna use Friul tracks,hope they fit on the MK sprockets. :unsure:

Christmas greetings,Ron.

Looking forward to this Ron, are the Friuls stil available?

My local Hobby Shop (go figure it's in Germany)might still have them,Bob.
I'm not so keen on using the tracks provided in the GS kit.

Edit:Guess they are alive and kicking again:
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/friulmodel.html

Greetings,Ron.

The boring stuff first,the wheels;

IMG_0094.JPG

The add on armor piece had a small gap,so I filled it with Vallejo Plastic Putty (love that stuff over any other putties) and made a faint welding line,don't wanna over do it but it needs some more I see.

IMG_0097.JPG

Can't find any pictures from STUG's of STUGbrigade 280 with the coax machinegun opening so I had to fill it as well.
(no corny one eyed bandit jokes this time around Mike) ;)

IMG_0098.JPG

More to come later.
Greetings,Ron.

Nice Ron! so nice to see all the Stug builds all over the place now :) wish i had one to! (i do but it's already started, and now a shelfqueen...)

//Mats

Hey Ron, looking good!

Are you adding a weld bead to the add-on armor? Wasn't that made of concrete?

Tom

Are you adding a weld bead to the add-on armor? Wasn't that made of concrete?

That's funny that you are mentioning that Tom.
In my pre-internet years I once did the CMK Stug III,basicly it's the old 1970's Tamiya kit with a bit of CMK aftermarket goodies,it doesn't have the WOW factor BTW.
I added some grey and tan pastel chalk to the 'add-on armor' to simulate exposed concrete.
Someone pointed out to me that it is not concrete at all but a metal part. :bang head

I did see some pictures from other ones who added a weld to the add-on armor piece...having said that; you can never be sure when using other ones model work as reference. :unsure:

Greetings,Ron.

Back