• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Mitsubishi in 1/72

Did you really use the dremal on that?

Of course :coolio Why would I imply that I did if I had not. :idonno :idonno

It may not be for you to try Bob . Not sure you have enough patience :woohoo:

It did however reduce the amount of time needed to make these. Still a good bit of polishing to do....

Cheers, Christian B)

I suspect you use the dremmel &a polishing wheel right ... Tiny bits ... :skipper

Just as posted in the picture. A diamond cut off blade purchased from Lowes hardware store. About the diameter of a quarter.

As far as I know they still carry this item :coolio You will need to control the RPM's though . Sorry, didn't think about the speed earlier.

Cheers, Christian B)

This evening's final progress.

Again, the only tools necessary for the final steps . Don't read in anything extra. It went very fast :frantic

Claude_lens_001a.jpg

Two of four sandpaper on that stick to polish them to the wing thickness and a bit of rubbing with the polishing pad :idonno

Claude_lens_002a.jpg

The final step, brush on a wet coat of Future and let dry and it's that simple guys :v

Can't say enough good things about the CMR sanding sticks with the four grades of sand paper . Great item (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

I'll look into those sanding sticks
.... I have a diamond cutting wheel ... But the buffing wheels I also have with some jewellers rogue ... So I read some extra duff in there
.. Nice job on the lights .... :salute :ro: :dude

I'll look into those sanding sticks
.... I have a diamond cutting wheel ... But the buffing wheels I also have with some jewellers rogue ... So I read some extra duff in there
.. Nice job on the lights .... :salute :ro: :dude

You will be pleased with the sanding sticks .They are unlike any other I've ever had .

They don't shed the grit like all others have in the past, so they are pretty much like the battery commercial.

They just keep going :soldier Plus, because there are four grits, there is no need for hunting the next stick. Just turn it to the proper end . Very nice product. (y)

Thanks ausf :)

Got some work done today . The wing to fuselage joints joints required a bit of sprue but not too bad.

Claude_ready_001a.jpg

I wound up making a few improvements as well like the aileroncontrol rods were replaced with brass

Claude_ready_002a.jpg

And of course that stupid little integral tail wheel was broken early on :idonno

So, more brass was the only descent way I saw to fix it .

Claude_ready_003a.jpg

So, it's ready for a wash and primer :woohoo:

Thanks for looking. Cheers, Christian B)

Back