• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Am i missing something here ?

Its not something i would rush out to buy although i may do one day.

I think it will be the headline build on every forum for a year, there will be ton of aftermarket "detail" that no one needs but my main problem would be as a Spitfire fan....its the wrong Mark.
I suppose they chose a Mk IX because they already did a Mk I 50 years ago and updated it too a Mk V but the iconic spitfire was the Mk 1 and 2. That's what Mitchel designed, classic 8 gun wing without the bulges, shorter nose, Battel of Britain fighter in classic brown and green camo. what the RAF memorial flight still call their "baby Spitfire" (MkIIa)
they sound better, look better, and from the ground...fly better.
The MkIX just gets the airtime because there are so many left, because they are usually wrongly used in all the films people think "thats a classic spitfire" even the abomination 2 seat things converted to fair ground rides. :)

Back