• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Alpines SS Tanker

AndyFettes

Master at Arms
Well hello all, forgive me for my recent absence way too much stuff going on in personal life and work and not enough model time,..anyway enough sob story

Here`s the start of my Alpine SS tanker in overalls which will stupidly be painted in Plane Tree camo as you can see Ive blocked in some colours and have been messing about with some basic shapes which will in time be refined

Here is the picture bits

h58ef92c.JPG

hc048743.JPG

Here`s the paints used so far

Base colour is a blend of Vallejo MC 70981 Orange Brown and 70860 Medium Fleshtone
Light green is Andrea AC-3 Olive green
Dark green is Vallejo MC 70979 German Cam dark green

Good start on the boots also Andy.

Why you beating yourself up on this, it's starting out great!

Hi Bob, not really beating myself up but just I dont know why I chose one of the most difficault patterns to do,,,oh well

boots are basecoated at the moment,I think I need to shake that black up a bit more as its very glossy or add some tamiya matt to it,.... you know I like boots :)

Thank you for liking it mate (y)

Thanks Sherman :)

Ok update time with a bit more refining of the camo and a freshly painted head , well the face is mainly finished but the hair is still to be done as are the boots and belt and the shoulder tabs etc

h8181194.JPG

hdf857e3.JPG

h69d0858.JPG

Andy's back....:notworthy

Amazing on the highlights on his face, forehead and how it goes up in his hairline.

Cheers Bob, overdone the shadow under the nose though will have to work on that :facepalm

Im going for a blonde hair colour for this chap

Thank you Luiz

Heres a few progression shots hair done as are the boots and shoulder tabs,...oh and the young man now has a 5`oclock shadow

h0f23b6a.JPG

hccd1773.JPG

hcffa6fb.JPG

Back