• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Faking some canvas

IMG_1899.JPG

OK, Mine looks like that maybe twice a year after 2 or 3 days of cleaning up the mess!

Ask my wife about that! :)

She always says, "How do you work in all that mess"?

Hell, I usually have about 6 square inches cleared away!

Bob

I used to be that way, too, one day I just decided to put back in its place each tool or material I used. And now it can get messy, with debris, but before I finish it gets cleaned and vacuumed.

Foolin around with this project from 2004. I have gone back and added pin washes, chips, stains, and some oil paint fading of the green so far. Oh yeah it’s 1/72.

hbfb46bf.jpeg

hfd744b1.jpeg

h1e9d14f.jpeg

hd89f668.jpeg

WorkBench Wednesday!
Lots of great stuff being posted here gange!... (y)...Although I have been quite over the past few weeks I have been getting some done.

Work on the Bearhound for "In Another World" continues...
h45031e3.jpg

And started or back to, as the case may be, on my next subject for "Practice, Practice, Practice"
hf6fda93.jpg

Everyone Keep up the Great Work... :v

Nice updates guys! John, it's great seeing something in 1/72 scale from you. I never knew you built in that scale. Looking great, I'm taking notes.

Eric nice looking bench. I wish I had that kind of space.Looking forward to seeing more on all those.

Nice updates guys! John, it's great seeing something in 1/72 scale from you. I never knew you built in that scale. Looking great, I'm taking notes.

Thanks, Duke. I build in 1/72 1/48 1/35 1/24 (25) and figures in 120mm and 1/10 busts - so I really cover the gambit, though I must admit the lions share of my work is in 1/35 and 1/48.

Foolin around with this project from 2004. I have gone back and added pin washes, chips, stains, and some oil paint fading of the green so far. Oh yeah it’s 1/72.

hd89f668.jpeg

Really nice, sir... interesting that you see the brown colour as a reddish tone, is there a precedence for that or is it something that you 'felt' was right ?. Got something planned for that scheme as a (NZ) summer build later this year, hence the question.

Ian.

Sabre now wearing (twenty-five year old) decals from an Eagle Strike sheet.

hf7030d0.jpg

hde25053.jpg

Will re-apply a little Flory wash over the decals then seal everything with a second (brush) coat of Johnsons Klear / Future, then on to final assembly.

Have a great weekend everyone. Best from a very sunny and mild NZ.

Ian.

Scratchbuilding a plow for my MF2680 in 1/24

h8e1d285.jpg

hfc96ee0.jpg

hbe9f6fd.jpg

hb16fb0c.jpg

hbe07647.jpg

Fun project and it is one that is close to me as i work with making these in real life :)

Finished up my In Another World Armoured Trench Walker...hoping folks will enjoy it at Armorcon this weekend....good to get this beast off the bench ;)

hb09b973_2019-09-27.jpg

hcf7120a_2019-09-27.jpg

hb55ee97_2019-09-27.jpg

Back