• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Looking great there. If that's the Tamiya kit be aware that the tracks will be really tight and will break after sitting for a while. I leave a gap on my Tamiya Universal Carrier models and hide the gap under the forward track shield.

Chers

That's a great tip, will happily steal that one, thanks, matey :drinks

Ian.

Looking great there. If that's the Tamiya kit be aware that the tracks will be really tight and will break after sitting for a while. I leave a gap on my Tamiya Universal Carrier models and hide the gap under the forward track shield.

Chers

That's a great tip, will happily steal that one, thanks, matey :drinks

Ian.

You're quite welcome. I found out the hard way that those too tight tracks will break after sitting for a while. I had that happen to one or two models. I have 2 more under construction and 2 more kits still waiting to be started. I'm building one as mortar carrier I saw at a Canadian Armoury Open House a few years back. I took photos of the vehicle. I decide to leave a gap and hide it behind the forward track guard so that the tracks won't break later.

Good luck with your build. The Tamiya Universal carrier kits* might be old but they do build up into a nice model without too much trouble.

Cheers

* No matter which one of the various 1/35 scale Tamiya Universal Carrier kits one gets they're all the exact same kit from the 1970s but with added or new figures.

Looks good Ian (y)

This is from last Friday :hmmm

IMG_1844.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

Been working to get a review for IPMS done this week before heading to summer camp with my sin next week. This is the AFV Club Clouded Leopard APC...

hc85b54f.jpg

h74c3215.jpg

he136631.jpg

Been working to get a review for IPMS done this week before heading to summer camp with my sin next week. This is the AFV Club Clouded Leopard APC...very thankful for the included masks as this would've been a bear to do by hand...

hc85b54f.jpg

h74c3215.jpg

he136631.jpg

Picking away at the Opel & RF-4.

Had a minor distraction last night w/ the arrival of a new laptop to replace the one that gave up the ghost (I've gotten a new hard drive and some memory to try to salvage it for a shop computer...we'll see how that goes).

Not a dang thing! Two down and back trips to UMass Amherst, City Council, berry picking, garlic harvest, string beans are ready, Rotary and work... I'm beat.

Havestill been working on the Vac table. Have the electrical all done, filled the pump with oil and ran a tube from it to the gauge. It pulled 28.5 inches right quick (29 after a light flick on the gauge) and held it after the power was shut off.

Now I am working on the plumbing figuring out how I will run the tubing and adding i a crap trap to protect the pump and gauge. Just about have it figured and only need a couple more items and it will be done. :soldier

Got distracted with the new laptop getting all the programs downloaded & installed the past couple days after work. Need to get back after it.

I'd much rather be on the work bench but this is what i'm working on today.

h230fe51.JPG

:blink :blink
I'm supposed to present this to management at the end of the week and make it sound like I know what I'm doing.
:bang head :bang head :bang head

Back