• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

T-55AM and BDM-3

hac6779d.JPG

h0419e0d.JPG

h808a758.JPG

Trying to whittle down a few projects before heading to Bonita Beach for a week...my DAK with Doc 222 and a Clouded Leopard APC for an IPMS review...

hf312cf8_2019-06-28.jpg

hc7a965a_2019-06-28.jpg

h836e7f5.jpg

habd45d8.jpg

Had a bee in the brain pan is weekend, so worked on something I've been want to try for a long time....Rust-Oleum Terracotta Anti-Slip texture...

First comes the masking...after about three hours...

h1e90538.jpg

After applying the paint and the demasking....

hd4d9607.jpg

Mockup of the upcoming Abrams build...

h1a40c5d.jpg

I'm quite happy with the results even though it could have been a tad cleaner in some areas.
:v

SWEET! Well worth the time and effort.

I've been busy replacing the AC and cleaning up the water drain/evaporator failure that has gone unnoticed/ignored for so long.
AC started rattlin' really bad, even all through the night so I figure it's time to retire (they are not serviceable anyway), I got a spare, not 100% sure where it came from but it works.

h3d99537.jpg

h73cbcd4.jpg

I have to finish up plugging up the holes before I can get back to the bench.

In my diggin' around I found this base that Mike had build for me a while back.

hdd6f251.jpg

Perfect size I say. :Hiay

Yikes!!! :huh: that drywall look nasty. Hope the new one works good. Need to have a group build day here soon to test her out.

Yikes!!! :huh: that drywall look nasty. Hope the new one works good. Need to have a group build day here soon to test her out.

I was thinking about calling a group build day to help install the new one. Figured if I did that I couldn't get y'all back again. :D Maybe save that trick for when some painting is needed. :drinks

Wear a really good respirator when working near that black mold at the bottom Moonpuppy . Black mold can do a really nasty job in the lungs if inhaled. Be very cautious around it.

Cheers

Hey Tim! That 109 is looking sweet!

hf2aac9d.jpg

Stage one complete. Boxed it in a bit and filled in the sunlight with Great Stuff. Will trim it up when it cures. Cooling off nicely now.

Thanks Peter, dry wall removed and couple of squirts of bleach in that area, letting it dry out before putting some new panels up.

Started off with the Bandai "Poe's x wing fighter 1/72 scale. I am almost doubting my abilities to follow instructions. After having to trim parts to fit then finding out that it was missed marked and didn't belong where it was supposed to.... I am NOT impressed with this manufacturer at all. The quality is that of a toy not a model.

Mis-marked
hfc76450.jpg

Had to trim this tab off because of the peice was mis-marked
h2a78474.jpg

Just general "meh" now I see why vinyl stickers are included.

Might be able to start painting the BMD-3 today. Been a good use of a long weekend and almost have it done. Luckily no power loss with all the storms and the small tornado and huge hail so I'm happy.

hfd85f72.JPG

hd521dc4.JPG

hc99faec.JPG

hc52f346.JPG

And a last pic last night after more work. Just fiddly parts now.

h7dc2049.JPG

Was going to cam it up but may just do a regular Russian green with the Airborne markings.

No bench time so far today. Spent some quality time with the Wife...No really it was fun. B)

Played around with making a BLOG this afternoon...its kinda lame at the moment, not sure where this will lead. :idonno

h8eba63f.jpg

Scale Models by Eric

Had a bee in the brain pan is weekend, so worked on something I've been want to try for a long time....Rust-Oleum Terracotta Anti-Slip texture...

First comes the masking...after about three hours...

h1e90538.jpg

After applying the paint and the demasking....

hd4d9607.jpg

Mockup of the upcoming Abrams build...

h1a40c5d.jpg

This is looking goooooood (y)
I'm quite happy with the results even though it could have been a tad cleaner in some areas.

These are all great projects. I wish I could get to the hobby room myself. I've been so busy with work lately I haven't time for anything except sleeping!

Keep them coming guys!

Back