• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Tamiya F-16C

hf80dae3.jpg

Tamiya acrylics mixed using the tried & tested 'Mk.1 eyeball method'. Johnsons Klear (US = Future) applied with a hairy stick. Next Flory-Wash.

Ian.

Didn't do enough worth updating the posts, so I'll just mention it here. :laugh:

Luftwaffe RF-4E - Got the gloss coat over the "repair" areas. Next up will be the stencil decals.

Opel DTM - Went to make some head way on this one as I want to try to be done by the end of the month with it...but alas I need to track down the instructions that seem to have decided to go on a walkabout. They shouldn't have gone far, but they weren't where I needed them last night.

DAK Half-track - Since the Opel sheet went AWOL I did some of the interior "detail" painting so I can get the hull buttoned up soon and carry on w/ the main objective for the GB. Just going to do some weathering now and will call it good enough for this exercise and move on to exterior painting.

And for the record, the yellow cap Tamiya lacquer thinner helps massively with brush painting Tamiya paints as well, not just spraying. I think it slows down the drying rate and gives a bit more working time (reduces the streaking and inconsistent coverage). I didn't thin the paints directly, but just wet the brush in the lacquer thinner before loading the brush w/ paint. I've always struggled with even brush painting the Tamiya paints before (love NATO Black), but last night's experiment was a resounding success. I may actually consider slowly converting over based on last night's results, as the Tamyia paints seem to last longer in my pre-mixed/thinned bottles for the airbrush. More mixing due to fewer colors available, but less stocking required. We'll see. It's going to be a long time yet before my MM horde is gone through though.

MA Silverado made it's debut this evening in the Northwest Truck Series. Need to finish up a couple things, but only had about 45 minutes before I needed to join the server.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q95JAoJqmKo

So...what's the chances of changing that GM to a Tundra. :mpup

I'd have to see if they have fixed the paint template. A while ago they did an update that broke the ability of GIMP to open the Tundra paint template. Their answer for me to resolve the issue was to buy Photoshop. :D

The Noontime haul from the currently ongoing BBQ Festival.... :drool

h1b9fa82.jpg

:drinks

oops ment to put this under "Latest Acquisitions".. :smack

Just to prove I'm actually working on something...well a little bit anyways. Getting the display base sorted out...

h3808e17.jpg

:v

It does get "cluttered" from time to time...I'm sure it won't be that way by the end of the day. :D

The Noontime haul from the currently ongoing BBQ Festival.... :drool

h1b9fa82.jpg

oops ment to put this under "Latest Acquisitions".. :smack

Nice haul! Dig the funnel cake. :good:

Gary and I are going about lunch time tomorrow. Was hit hot up town?

We were there about 1220ish and it busy but not to crazy. My WxApp on the ol' iPhone said is was "87 but felt like 105". I think I lost about 10lbs in water weight waiting in line but that was soon replaced by pork weight! :drool

We were there about 1220ish and it busy but not to crazy. My WxApp on the ol' iPhone said is was "87 but felt like 105". I think I lost about 10lbs in water weight waiting in line but that was soon replaced by pork weight! :drool

And to think they could be doing this in Oct...but noooo... :facepalm

Started this wee Bren Carrier back in the summer as a side-project. It's still a side project but now it's hanging around the bench as opposed to waving frantically from the 'Shelf of Forgetfulness' !

hbed6716.jpg

It'll be finished as an NZ 2nd Div vehicle from North Africa in 1942. :soldier

Ian.

Haven't been on here much in the last little while because of family, the mutt, end of school, summer vacation, work, etc... but I've still been up to modeling when I can.

picked this kit up at a local club meeting a couple months ago and had a go at it for a bit of a distraction from the regular routine as I've been in a bit of a slump lately. Not my usual fair, and the first real car model I've built since i was a kid.

hde90b79.jpg

Wanted to do something a little different from the box art (I don't like red cars) so I found a few decals in the spares box.
also, scratched some more roll bars, removed the rear seat and changed it from right hand drive to the proper left hand drive! :D

h028e55f.jpg

hc5137c7.jpg

hccd7f84.jpg

only issue I had was a slight deformity in the body and some reaction to two of the white circle decals when I applied the gloss coat

The finished work..

h2342e82.jpg

h66eaaeb.jpg

h7b2c514.jpg

habc2744.jpg

Back