• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Haven't been on here much in the last little while because of family, the mutt, end of school, summer vacation, work, etc... but I've still been up to modeling when I can.

picked this kit up at a local club meeting a couple months ago and had a go at it for a bit of a distraction from the regular routine as I've been in a bit of a slump lately. Not my usual fair, and the first real car model I've built since i was a kid.

hde90b79.jpg

Wanted to do something a little different from the box art (I don't like red cars) so I found a few decals in the spares box.
also, scratched some more roll bars, removed the rear seat and changed it from right hand drive to the proper left hand drive! :D

h028e55f.jpg

hc5137c7.jpg

hccd7f84.jpg

only issue I had was a slight deformity in the body and some reaction to two of the white circle decals when I applied the gloss coat

The finished work..

h2342e82.jpg

h66eaaeb.jpg

h7b2c514.jpg

habc2744.jpg

that's cool! Nice job Warren. :dude

Haven't been on here much in the last little while because of family, the mutt, end of school, summer vacation, work, etc... but I've still been up to modeling when I can.

picked this kit up at a local club meeting a couple months ago and had a go at it for a bit of a distraction from the regular routine as I've been in a bit of a slump lately. Not my usual fair, and the first real car model I've built since i was a kid.

hde90b79.jpg

Wanted to do something a little different from the box art (I don't like red cars) so I found a few decals in the spares box.
also, scratched some more roll bars, removed the rear seat and changed it from right hand drive to the proper left hand drive! :D

h028e55f.jpg

hc5137c7.jpg

hccd7f84.jpg

only issue I had was a slight deformity in the body and some reaction to two of the white circle decals when I applied the gloss coat

The finished work..

h2342e82.jpg

h66eaaeb.jpg

h7b2c514.jpg

habc2744.jpg

A very nice Mini, Mini...
:drtumbs

Interesting...Truck Thingies :coolio

So....John what does the Magic Potion do exactly? :idonno

Interesting...Truck Thingies :coolio

So....John what does the Magic Potion do exactly? :idonno

Loosens all the acrylic paint that accumulates even with a thorough cleaning. Has to sit for at least 24 hours.

So drills and trucks... :idonno :idonno

Nothing pic worthy yet, but I've got a couple decals set on the DTM and the stenciling on the RF-4 has commenced. What the hell was I thinking when I decided to purchase the stencils? :smack

While I research Maltese stone walls, buildings and such, and finalize my vignette plans, I started working on this Alpine figure for my LSSAH Pz III at Kharkov. I am pushing myself to paint more and more figures. Is that self-abuse?

ha24fdeb.jpg

While I research Maltese stone walls, buildings and such, and finalize my vignette plans, I started working on this Alpine figure for my LSSAH Pz III at Kharkov. I am pushing myself to paint more and more figures. Is that self-abuse?

ha24fdeb.jpg

I think they call that improvement with practice John! :)

I've painted thousands of figures in my 78 years and I'm still learning things about them!

Bob

I've painted thousands of figures in my 78 years and I'm still learning things about them!

Bob

LOL I cannot think of one self-improvement project that didn't feel like punishment!

Only thousands? I was thinking many more than that! :coolio

Bob

LOL I cannot think of one self-improvement project that didn't feel like punishment!

Only thousands? I was thinking many more than that! :coolio

Oh, I forgot to mention the punishment part! Sorry about that! :)

Yeah, I don't think I have quite reached 10K yet! :)

Bob

Universal / Bren Carrier progress:

h43ef1cc.jpg

h62a5914.jpg

Such an easy little project, I don't suffer from AMS (Advanced Modellers Syndrome - Old F*rts Disease) just now, however if I did, this would be a perfect remedy !

:soldier

Ian.

Universal / Bren Carrier progress:

h43ef1cc.jpg

h62a5914.jpg

Such an easy little project, I don't suffer from AMS (Advanced Modellers Syndrome - Old F*rts Disease) just now, however if I did, this would be a perfect remedy !

:soldier

Ian.

Looking great there. If that's the Tamiya kit be aware that the tracks will be really tight and will break after sitting for a while. I leave a gap on my Tamiya Universal Carrier models and hide the gap under the forward track shield.

Chers

Back