• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Been highly NonProductive for a couple of weeks...:blush:...But going to change that today! :coolio

Got some priming and painting for today and going to finish up that Merkava Barrel :bat

h5427191.jpg

h56dc3b2.jpg

:v

Working on a couple of Tamiya Universal Carriers in 1/35 scale. One is being adapted to carry a stowed 81mm mortar on the rear deck. Lots to do yet.

Been working on the 81mm mortar and adapting it to stowed. Lots to do on it yet too.

81mm Mortar

h5460679.JPG

Universal Carrier with rear adapted for stowed 81mm mortar. Need to make parts to hold mortar components on Universal Carrier.

heb92c2e.JPG

The two Universal Carriers thus far. Note the front hull plate and front vertical plate is not glued to the carrier yet.

h7e485da.JPG

An idea as to what a sowed 81mm mortar looks like on an Universal Carrier.

h16acd73.jpg

Lots to do yet.

Cheers

Hey all! I am at Wonderfest this weekend. Today I came up to take a class and lern to paint a grayscale figure. My main reason was to try out some new paints and figure out if they would be something that we all would like and could use.

Acrylics made here in the USA. The model to experiment on is a bust of Vampira. I wasn't really going to worry about finishing it or even getting too far, I wanted to see how the paints sprayed through my Badger airbrushes and what it would take to do so.

The bust and the paints
h406f49e.jpg

The paints
h84ac724.jpg

h06016dd.jpg

h7c6419c.jpg

The bust

hf29d040.jpg

h9dbdab3.jpg

I found the paints to be excellent! They all have built in rattles to help mix the paint and I was able to add the paint directly to the airbrush and paint. The air pressure suggested is a bit higher than I have seen and used with other paints (about 20psi) but it did quite well with no clogging or tip build up. These are also semi-transparent so they build up slower and blend easier. Coverage over black primer was quite good for the light grey and white colors. I didn't get too far into painting this or detailing it as there really needs to be some cleanup done and I want to do some other "slight" mods to the hair to try out some things to make it look better.

I visitd with the owner about possible colors for armor and aircraft and he said he was already working on some as he had obtained some color specifications or some such. I will be visiting with him more tomorrow.

I can already say I will be getting more of these paints as time goes on. I like how they sprayed and as I would only use a couple of drops at a time adding a couple of drops of water worked quite well to thin them more.

(y) (y)

From my tablet at Wonderfest.

Testing how wooden bollards would look , :eek:ldguy many different configurations.

The bollard , this is a resin copy i made from a plastic one ....

so when i decide to make them for the U-Boot diorama .
(Something like this and for the most part all along the quayside )

he8fb607.JPG

i have a standard one .
I can ad more wood texture/grain after casting.

he40b9f6.JPG

he4cc839.JPG

hf45eb16.JPG

If, and that is a mighty BIG if, I get some time.
I will be working on the ModelCollect T-80.
haf202f7.jpg

he557bc4.jpg

Frank
:bang head

Thanks Pup.
My plan is to take Friday off and work at the bench.
The wife may have different plans.
I know Sunday will be at the Davenport Airshow.
The last time I was there they crashed a Harrier.
Frank

Frank, I know how it is not having time. I have been working so many home improvement jobs I haven't had the chance to hit the bench either. Enjoy the airshow and I do hope the missus lets you build something.

Thanks Mark
I was told today I can have Saturday off, after I mow the lawn.
May work on this also.

ha656071.jpg

h1cadebc.jpg

Frank

Back