• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Nice list. I've been thinking about doing something like that, but just havent gotten around to doing it yet.

Plus she is rubbing it in that she won last weekend and not me. :bang head She even made the third page of the news paper Friday. Not that I'm proud of her or anything.

You know as long as she is having fun I'm having fun too. :laugh:

(y) (y) (y)

Cool beans, guys!

I'm slogging through this virus- poor Marc has caught it as well. The doc interviewed me quite intently- it seems hepatitis is going around, but luckily I've just caught some bilge bugger. A little bench time, a start to a post- but I keep getting caught up in trying to sell my old Spyder. Today: a new battery, as the old one just up and and died (wouldn't ya just know it!), plus the intro the the mysterious Clay Bar Technique. Wow- I'm sold! It really perked up the old, tired finish, all the while giving me an old, tired finish.

Derp- clay bar. It's a wad of sticky clay used in conjunction with a wetting spray that lifts tiny (and not-so-tiny) imperfections from the car's clear coat. It lifts wax as well, so I re-waxed the beast. Nice, but exhausting in my present state.

Thanks, Moon- trying to do a day at the office- we'll see how long I can stick. :pp

I used a Mothers Clay Bar kit on my mom's Civic a couple months ago, and it did an amazing job. Unfortunately I think most of the clear coat is gone, and the garbage had been eating into the paint, but for what I was able to do, it worked great. And you're 100% right, its very exhausting, but when done the car looks amazing.

Thinking about doing it to our 2008 Spectra and then waxing it.

Derp- clay bar. It's a wad of sticky clay used in conjunction with a wetting spray that lifts tiny (and not-so-tiny) imperfections from the car's clear coat. It lifts wax as well, so I re-waxed the beast. Nice, but exhausting in my present state.

Thanks, Mon- trying to do a day at the office- we'll see how long I can stick. :pp

Hi All :Hiay

I've been away for some time, after a nice 2 week vacation, I was helping a friend moving to a new house. When unloading the moving van, a big framed mirror slipped and in a reflex I tried to catch it, wich worked! But I broke four fingers on both hands in the process :idonno . Only my thumbs were unharmed (y)

Needles to say no modelling was done it the past few weeks, but it looks like everything is healing well the fingers are still a bit painfull and stiff so working on my Fokker's will have to wait, handeling small parts is not yet an option although the last few days I've build a few 1/3 scale rifles from Trumpeter, not to many small parts and it worked out ok.

Ohw, and for those wondering :D The mirror was undamaged!! (y)

Erik

Hi Erik! Sorry to hear of your accident, I've been on the shelf myself most of August. Get better soon! (y)

Ouch. Sorry to hear Erik. Hopefully you get full use back soon. Sending :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen
James

Dang, talk about taking one for a buddy! Well look at the bright side, thumbs still work so you can hold a beer while healing. (y)

Well Erik only thing I can say is better some fingers broken than 7 years bad luck. Get better will ya. Modeling will be good therapy for fingers and hands after the Doc okays you.

Sorry to hear about your fingers. Hope you get to feeling better.

Terry :D

Looking like a good day. Found out this morning we get to leave work 2 hrs early, so I'll be able to get an early start on my long weekend.

Well I woke up this morning feeling all sore and fatigued with a sore throat. Great start to a long weekend :vmad :bang head

Found this today going through boxes while setting up the new studio. Where it all began. My first bottle of Gator Glue.

photo_28629~2.JPG

What am I doing today on this labor day holiday,............

I`m &%@*^!)+ working :angry:

Back