• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Nothing on the bench yet but it's a bench...grinder bench! Yes that's resin in that wheel :lol:
1654719723168.png

There's slow and steady progress going on in the shop guys. Just wait and see...

Quick n' dirty blitzbuild this weekend. 2 sessions totaling 14 hours (including drying time)

Dug out a 1/72 Accurate Miniatures F-4C/D for the hell of it and started messing about with it.

Got the EJ Kai gloss coated, so I can start decaling anytime now. And dug out an F-15I Ra'am to start on for this year's club build which is Israeli themed. Those aren't very exciting steps so I didn't get any pictures.

Was also binge playing some Civ6 on the side as I was waiting for paint to dry or glue to set. All in all a fairly productive weekend at the bench compared to weekends of late.

What's on the Bench ? Well a finished Alfa Romeo car but more importantly, what's going to be on the bench ?
Well I'm sure you will be pleased to hear it will not be a car :) but what it will be ? not sure but It will be diametrically opposite to what i just did though..........hmmmm now let me think :)

Interesting Piet!

I see you replaced some struts on the supports, but what are the items on the ramp itself? I would like to know what you are doing and why for reference. Pondering on obtaining this myself.
I replaced the plain struts with L angles ,you mean these two upside down channels in the pic?
The kit is real basic, you can go to town with it if you want to .

lo-[plo.png

Nice video

Last edited:
On the bench today is a 1/24 harrier which i am experimenting with on filling rivets
I am currently trying automotive filler primer with some success

_DSC6032.JPG

_DSC6034.JPG

_DSC6043.JPG

_DSC6047.JPG

i just want to be sure i am happy with the outer skin before i even try and make this into something.

Last edited:
I think I have a 1/24th scale Harrier someplace in my stash. If I remember correctly it actually has 2 kits less one of the clear canopy parts. The old 1/24th scale Airfix kits always had that textured surface that isn't even close to correct. A little filler and a little sanding and you should have it cold Paddy!

3D-Looks Good.gif

Back