• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

BRING ME THE PUPPIES!!!

KELLY+BROOK+BEHIND+THE+SCENES.jpg

Wow chuck! That's the best illustration you've do0ne yet! So realistic! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :geek

Me, I like my cats. I have two really sweet ones.

Get to spend my weekend working.

At the end of June I started working for a growing carbon fiber composites job shop in Mooresville that is heavily tied into the racing community. Got a hot project for Stewart-Haas racing, and then a project for Honda Racing America for their Daytona Prototype that runs in the IMSA series.

Thankfully I'm able to do the work at home on my own computer (which works so much better than my laptop at work).

Starting at the end of next week, we will start working on a project to manufacture the bodies for the Honda cars that are run in the US Indy Car series for 2015.

I took the car to the dealer for an oil change and got permission from the owner to take photos of the new Ferraris and Maseratis as I had done four years ago. These images are from 2010:

newstuff324.jpg

newstuff325.jpg

newstuff326.jpg

newstuff328.jpg

newstuff327.jpg

newstuff329.jpg

Don't forget to test your exotic's brakes or...
newstuff301.jpg

I also took quite a bit of the car I test drove with my crappy older camera. now I can take them with a real camera. ;)

Regards,

he hasn't gotten it home yet... I am certain that he has some decals that will work, or he can always free hand it

Getting ready to go to my grandmothers 90th birthday party today. Also having a Facebook debate with my cousin that thinks a Japanese sub was sunk off the Oregon coast. She found records of one while doing research. Yet no American and Japanese navy records account for a sub being sunk during that time. :bang head

Thats one thing every family party needs is a good family fight dontchaknow :geek

Getting ready to go to my grandmothers 90th birthday party today. Also having a Facebook debate with my cousin that thinks a Japanese sub was sunk off the Oregon coast. She found records of one while doing research. Yet no American and Japanese navy records account for a sub being sunk during that time. :bang head

Kinda like the thing about the midget sub in Pearl Harbor the day of the attack. Records show one was found in either in the wreckage of one of the battle ship or trapped by the Nevada when she beached, showed that it was scrapped but official word was no midget subs got in. Well did it or didn't it?? :idonno

According to Wikipedia
"Five of these boats participated in the Pearl Harbor attack, with two actually making it into the harbor. Of the five used at Pearl Harbor, No.19 was captured with its pilot Kazuo Sakamaki where it grounded on the east side of Oahu. During World War II, No.19 was put on tour across the United States to help sell War Bonds.[5] Now a U.S. National Historic Landmark, No.19 is an exhibit at the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas.[5]

A second Pearl Harbor midget submarine, No.18, was located by U.S. Navy divers off Keehi Lagoon east of the Pearl Harbor entrance on 13 June 1960.[1] The submarine had been damaged by a depth charge attack and abandoned by its crew before it could fire its torpedoes.[1] This submarine was restored and placed on display at the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy on 15 March 1962.[1]"

So there is your history lesson for the day Bob :hmmm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Type_A_K%C5%8D-hy%C5%8Dteki-class_submarine

Bernie Kozar (the dog) is 50% Standard Poodle and 50% German Shepherd.

Barney, we own a standard poodle and you are correct, highly intelligent and curious. Renee learned to groom dogs just so we could own a standard.

Gentlemen, may I introduce Rommel Loup. He is 10 weeks old. He was in a very bad place. the lady who found him said that the puppy mill is a mile away but when the wind is right she can smell urine and feces. He has round worms but is being treated for them. The vet that saw him in Buna, Tx said it was a good thing he was found when he was because he would have been dead in a couple of days from the worms.

Rommel1.jpg

He is very intelligent and well behaved. Our dogs accepted him instantly. He has found Mac's stash of toys and has them everywhere.

Rommel2.jpg

As you can see he has made himself right at home.

Rommel3.jpg

We were concerned about his hips because of the way he sits but after seeing him sit in person and watching him climb the steps from the back yard, we believe he will be just fine. He's a big pup for 10 weeks and he sits like a young pup. We'll have our trainer evaluate him and see what she thinks. He will probably end up being trained as a therapy dog like Mac.

According to Wikipedia
"Five of these boats participated in the Pearl Harbor attack, with two actually making it into the harbor. Of the five used at Pearl Harbor, No.19 was captured with its pilot Kazuo Sakamaki where it grounded on the east side of Oahu. During World War II, No.19 was put on tour across the United States to help sell War Bonds.[5] Now a U.S. National Historic Landmark, No.19 is an exhibit at the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, Texas.[5]

A second Pearl Harbor midget submarine, No.18, was located by U.S. Navy divers off Keehi Lagoon east of the Pearl Harbor entrance on 13 June 1960.[1] The submarine had been damaged by a depth charge attack and abandoned by its crew before it could fire its torpedoes.[1] This submarine was restored and placed on display at the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy on 15 March 1962.[1]"

Well it's on Wiki... :facepalm
I thought there was a lot of question if they made it in the harbor but guess that's been settled or I was mistaken. :idonno

Pulled out some ten year old metallic paint (aluminum plate) so I can test the Ammo of Mig Panel Line Wash for NMF.

Ki84August2014a.JPG

Ki84August2014b.JPG

Still need to seal it and let it cure.

Regards,

According to Wikipedia

Well it's on Wiki... :facepalm
I thought there was a lot of question if they made it in the harbor but guess that's been settled or I was mistaken. :idonno

If you get really bored Bob. Check this website out http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm Basically has a record of every ship in the Imperial Fleet. I used it to prove my cousin wrong :evil:

It's 1330 on Sunday afternoon here, and I'm one hour in to my five-hour (radio) watch here in not so sunny New Plymouth. There's a little under a handful of local fishing boats still out so the (VHF) airwaves are very quiet... Only high-spot so far is the 71 Mach 1, 57 Bel Air & 70 Buick GX that just burbled past the window !!

Ian

Very cool, Kenny... a very cute pup pup...

Getting ready for the 100th Millisor Family reunion... The earliest we have a record of the family gathering is for harvests in the 1820-1860 time frame in Marion County, OH... It wasn't until my grandfather's generation that folks started to move away from the farms and find other work.. dentist, doctors, store keeper, teachers... When I was a kid the reunions brought hundreds of people from Michigan, Indiana, Colorado... now we are lucky to see 40 people...

On the moving front; all boxes are in the house... now I just have to figure our what goes where or in the trash... lots of stuff in the for sale boxes including two air compressors! My new workspace will be in the attic... heated in the winter and very nice in the summer due to a huge attic fan... who needs a paint booth!

It's 1330 on Sunday afternoon here, and I'm one hour in to my five-hour (radio) watch here in not so sunny New Plymouth. There's a little under a handful of local fishing boats still out so the (VHF) airwaves are very quiet... Only high-spot so far is the 71 Mach 1, 57 Bel Air & 70 Buick GX that just burbled past the window !!

Ian

Doesn't count unless you got pictures. :smack

Guy at work has a 56 Be Air, totally rebuilt and runs like a scalded dog. Had him talked into swappin' my pickup for it but he said i didn't sign the title quick enough... :facepalm

Back