• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

You are missing the Belgian kitchen,huh?

I guess that would be a safe statement Ron but in fact I miss European foods in general. The idea of cooking in this part of the US . is very narrow in span .

Cheers, Christian B)

Another reason that Cleveland OH is a great place to live... We have F O O D from everywhere... Lower Slabovia to Outer Mongolia.

DSCN1696_zpsdce2b030.jpg

DSCN1682_zpsf13b470b.jpg

DSCN1685_zps35502f9b.jpg

DSCN1696_zpsdce2b030.jpg

DSCN1705_zpsfbb04e77.jpg

last weekend Carol took me to Dayton, OH and a visit to the USAF Museum... Absolute heaven. She was amazed that any sane human being would get in/on one of those rickety things and fly... She read about the heroism and courage of the early flyboys.... and asked if they were the last vestige of chivalry and the knight of olde.... yes, they were....

Gotta go back, soon....

Nice pics, Barney!

I'm working from home this weekend- gotta move a project along, so it's storyboard time! Fun stuff- and I need to make up a day from a couple of weeks ago when both our cars wound up in the same repair shop! I had to limp the wife's car along the 405 (yikes) until it finally could go mno further, then a tow, then 5 hours of hanging around while it got fixed. Mine was in the same shop for 3 days getting a new clutch.

Saw our new offices yesterday for the first time- nice! It's gonna be cool, but my new commute will suck. :(

Looks like I'll miss the CTA deadline for sure, but work comes first! B)

Finishing up the fiddly bits on the Moskito and then some washes and weathering...and then pics for it and the Jagdpanther...should be done in time....this one has me looking for a Uhu in 1/48 scale...these night fighters are kewl!!! I know there's the new one in 1/32 scale...but display room is a factor...can't seem to find the Tamiya one for less than $40 so I'll have to put if off for a bit...plenty of other stuff in the stash ;)

Today I am working on my Tamiya Corsair that Jeff got me for Christmas. All I can say is this kit is amazing.

Another reason that Cleveland OH is a great place to live... We have F O O D from everywhere... Lower Slabovia to Outer Mongolia.

Same here in L.A. I even think we have foods from other worlds here.... :blink :drinks

Barney, awesome pics! Brings back memories of when I was there too.

Chuck, congrats on the job, and yeah, it does come first. I hope to see you at Valleycon this March!

I agree with you on that

I miss it a lot that plus the fact there was always a good concert to attend.

I traded all that for a better climate :)

Cheers, Christian B)

you mean there's more food than Chinese, Mexican and Meat and Three? :mpup

Ah.... MP...

I too once lived in the lower states... BBQ, FRIED, BOILED and BURNED were the classifications of food available in LA (lower Alabama). Like Honey BooBoo, they thought the Catsup and sugar made red sauce and that Little C's & Domino's was good pizza.

We also have several brewpubs in the immediate area... with excellent food....

Yes... it IS all about the food!

I'm spending my day relaxing! I really enjoyed my trip to California, but very happy to be home.

Working on my Draken build today, in the hopes of getting far enough to start decaling tomorrow after work.

Well broke a tooth this weekend so after working this morning got into the dentist. Then went home and did some decaling. Now as I sit here surfing I am looking at the near whiteout outside. Yuck.
James

Only problem is the temp is going to plummet and there will be more snow on ice so driving will suck tomorrow.
Here is our forecast http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/caab0075
YUCK
James

Today? Still being sick! Been sick all week. Didn't even feel like hitting the bench. :bang head

Spending the weekend working at my office. Had a couple hot projects dropped on me this week that I wasn't able to finish, so I'm doing it this weekend. At least the OT is good money and I enjoy doing the work. Expecting to put in 12-16 hrs this weekend. Guess no modeling this weekend for me either.

Today I get to deal with a terrible tootheache. It has been bothering me for 3 days now. Can't get into the dentist for a few days so I just get to pop pain pills for now. Nothing like getting maybe 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night and then being woken up by a nice throbbing pain in a tooth.

Back