• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Putting up all the Christmas stuff and taking down the tree. It's a shame because it looks so nice! I'm finally wising up and putting up cup hooks to hold next year's lights- I've been stapling them up. Should be much easier in the future- DUH!

Oh, and bench time. Landing gear mods!

Some bench time at the Zero factory. :pilot

landing_gear_002a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Trying to milk my last day of vacation...ah well- at least the work week starts on a Wednesday...

Putting up all the Christmas stuff and taking down the tree. It's a shame because it looks so nice! I'm finally wising up and putting up cup hooks to hold next year's lights- I've been stapling them up. Should be much easier in the future- DUH!

Oh, and bench time. Landing gear mods!

You're putting everything away before the twelve days of Christmas are up? Oh man, that is too bad. Nice about the cup hooks, great idea.

Been working on the workbench quite a bit; gonna start my Maddog Manufacturing Progress Thread later today with my latest photos. First I have to go place this bid for drywall repair. First one of the New Year.

Right now I am sitting at the library with the laptop. We had internet through the downstairs neighbor but she moved out last week. So until we get it hooked up at our place next Monday I am without it unless I want to use the internet here. Luckily it is a block from the house.

Well just dropped the young fella off for his long trip back to his trades training. I guess when we see him next Christmas he will be coming from his first posting where ever that will be. Now I'm at work an hour early and trying not to nod off. Certainly will be quiet at home again.
James

Right now I am sitting at the library with the laptop. We had internet through the downstairs neighbor but she moved out last week. So until we get it hooked up at our place next Monday I am without it unless I want to use the internet here. Luckily it is a block from the house.

Yeah finally got the internet back again. Only took a few calls to Centurylink's tech support. Why can things never be easy on computers anymore. But now I am back up and running :pilot

Yeah! Nothing like heat in the garage, fire up that compressor now. (y)

Oh yeah! You beat I will be doing that tomorrow. I have things that need some paint. Now I do not have to worry about complaints about stinking up the house. :D

Wheels and a rim for my Sd.Kfz 250 and my Meng Me 410 came in today.

410.jpg

DSC02976.JPG

James

Wheels and a rim for my Sd.Kfz 250 and my Meng Me 410 came in today.

410.jpg

DSC02976.JPG

James

So do we get a nice photo review of that Me 410 kit :D

Man I must be really tired. Put this in a totally wrong thread. Dusan did a nice photo review here https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/news-reviews-and-shows/137302-photo-review-meng-148-messerschmitt-me-410b-2u4

And I saw a nice video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lse2xh4qeb0
James

Working on the gun mount for my Waffentrager, listening to the wind and rain. Sounds like winter on the prairie again. What a weird weather week! It was in the 70's first few days, now they are calling for snow. :idonno

Same song different different verse. Spent Friday, Saturday and Sunday working on the house. My sister-in-law has conveniently managed to have some kind of affliction or plans to where she can't watch Ian but yet she has a list of "favors" for me to do. Renee is having to stay home and watch him while I work at the house.

Friday was ceiling tile day in the hobby room.

hobby_room~0.jpg

I need to build my work bench and a couple of bookshelves and I can start moving stuff in here.

Saturday I was under the house re-leveling the front door and doing work on it. I had to do a little trimming and repairing to get it to open properly. Also made a new frame for the door's window and installed a new lock. All those years of watching New Yankee Workshop is paying off.

new_window.jpg

Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning was painting. The ceiling is done in 3/4 of the house, using 1 gallon of paint thank you very much. I also got the master bedroom, hall, living room and Ian's bedroom walls painted, with only a gallon of paint. The Master bedroom will need a second coat. with the money saved on paint we can buy more flooring!

Work work work...glad you got your priorities right, getting that hobby room knocked out! :popcorn

Back