• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

All Righty ... What's on the bench today?

Re: All Righty ... What are you doing today ?

Aw man...would have liked to see that in operation when we were at Casa del Saul in April ;)

Today i'm trying to finnish up one kit i started a couple of years ago :hmmm
The kit is tamiyas Horch 4X4 type 1a.
almost ready for painting just the wheels left, plan is to get started with painting later today :D
Thinking about a dark yellow paint, anyone know if they had camo?
Instruction just say german grey or dark yellow.
:Hiay

Thinking about a dark yellow paint, anyone know if they had camo?
Instruction just say german grey or dark yellow.

pre war and early war colors were grey with brown blotches (2/3 to 1/3) until june 30th 1940 - although several vehicles were plain grey before june 30th 1940 - after that plain grey was the ordered color until february 18th 1943 when dark yellow was ordered as base color! from december 20th 1944 on dark green was ordered as base color with a factory applied hard edge camo of brown and dark yellow!

every camo painting after june 30th 1940 and before december 20th 1944 was field applied without any specific order so you can apply any camo or no camo at all!

Thanks Laura :) must figure out what time-period to choose then Hmm...

Aw man...would have liked to see that in operation when we were at Casa del Saul in April ;)

The helicopter is no more. I do have an aircraft now as I get my son into RC but the backyard is too small to fly it properly:

RCBoy.jpg

you can see the helo-pad deck here.

Regards,

Very cool Saul...that boy looks happy! My wife got me that same plane a couple years ago...we have the room to fly it, but being on a big hill also means lots of wind...

As for me, started out the day with a 25 mile bike ride as I have my diabetes ride coming up next Sunday. Looking to help my wife build a chicken coop for our half dozen chicks...and tonight while they are horseback riding, I plan on trying a little modeling ;)

Downloaded a bunch of songs from Amazon. I see Bob Seeger music if finally available for download.:ro:

Bunches of things were finished today. Got some gardening done, hired my lawn guy to take care of those Azaleas that are in need of pruning. No..I really did get some gardening done OTHER than paying someone to do it...

Cleaned out the carport from some junk that had been laying around.

Got into the garage and did a bunch of stuff. Worked on the Halftrack, the 88 and the Bone. Mostly in the painting department. trying something new..well a lot of things new. I'll have some pictures tomorrow.

The helicopter is no more. I do have an aircraft now as I get my son into RC but the backyard is too small to fly it properly:

RCBoy.jpg

you can see the helo-pad deck here.

Regards,

Hey that's neat! Looks like one of those electric ones?

That it is! It is a learning one with a photo-sensor on the top which will right itself if rolled onto its back. I need to be careful of the paint I use to add the sharkmouth though...

ERegards,

Well I was going to say something about the panel lines but figured you had some more work to do on it. :pilot

Did an 8 hour day and then fought with the flag trying to lower it. It wrapped around the flag staff tight. Did 2 garbage runs with the oldest boy and he bought supper. Went back to the museum and the flag was unwrapped. A young family was looking through the fence so I invited them in to look at the planes while I lowered the flag. Then gave the 3 kids a treat by opening the CF-116 cockpit and letting them sit in it. The looks on their faces was pure gold. Then locked up the gate again after they left and am now going to put my footsies up.

James

If I got to sit in the cockpit my face would light up also...mainly for the fact that I COULD FIT in the cockpit... :lol:

Sounds like fun James!

Right now I'm recovering from a long night at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The night before the Indy 500 race is much like Carnival with regards to the amount of people (probably 100,000+ tonight), booze, debauchery and overall fun. Along with a few other friends, we spent the evening walking, talking and shooting a lot of pictures. I saw more than my fair share of beads being given out for, well, you know what was going on...:D

Sooo, I'm downloading a few hundred pictures and should start processing them tomorrow. :gogo

It's time for bed now...

I can't wait for the Brickyard 400 and the Indy MotoGP race. While the night before those races are fun, they pale in comparison to what goes on before the Indy 500. :woohoo:

Hey Guys,

I got together with a few guys from My local AMPS chapter & had a Build day at th Local HobbyTown USA. We are actually booked there every 3rd. Saturday until th end of th Year !! So , If any one is riding through Richmond V.A. on those days .. stop in, pull up a chair & scrape some plastic !!

Sadly .. I have no pix !! :bang head But I did get started on the New ICM kit of the Opel Admiral. I'm planning on doing this as a Pre-War Sports Car !!! Vrrrrroooom !!! It really has some SooWeet lookin lines !! It reminds Me of that 'Ol James Dean Porsche . I think , with My recent exposure to AlClad ... I'm gonna Paint th Car in AlClad ..... I was gonna shoot th Car all over in a Gloss Black , Followed by AlClad Chrome ( for plastic) mask off the Body Chrome & Grill, Then Shoot some AlClad Transparent Red ??? Adding a Beige interior ! Sound like a Winner ..... I'll post pix later after the Review runs on the AMPS site ... Sorry .. I can W.I.P. it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB32u9HMKes
Can any one translate th Commercial ? :D

img0097.jpeg

I realize that th AlClad will give it a slightly different finish than th one pictured here. If some one sees a Falw in My theory Please Speak up !! :D

That's going to be some rich, deep color, Hope you share it here!

Erik, Hobbytown USA carries Bare-Metal Foil. Buy a sheet and try it out after removing the bumpers, cleaning off all flash, and polishing. Save the Alclad for touch up painting.

Regards,

BMF is more forgiving as far as surface prep comes but I've always had a problem getting it around complex curves. BMF is a great product though.

Just got home from work and am going to relax for awhile then I'm heading out to Sanibel Island to sit at the West Wind Inn pool bar and take in the sites and have a few brews.......should be nice. :drinks

Tom

Back