• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 (Complete!)

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M (Update 3/26)

h2fa8f7e.jpg

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M (Update 3/26)

Coming down to the home stretch, and I feel very confident I'll make it.

The last couple of days I've been able to make some major progress.

Started yesterday off by applying a couple coats of Mig Filter, and then applied an oil paint dot filter.

Befehlsjager%20092.jpg

Befehlsjager%20093.jpg

Very happy w/ the results. And then today I've started working on final assembly.

This is where things are at right now.

Befehlsjager%20096.jpg

Befehlsjager%20097.jpg

Befehlsjager%20099.jpg

Still working on painting some small bits and getting them attached. Might actually get this done tonight.

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M (Update 3/30)

It had MEASLE POX!! :frantic

Actually it is looking real good Adam! :D Looking forward to seeing it finished, (y)

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 Ausf.M (Update 3/30)

At 99%! All I lack is a flat coat, and that will got done tomorrow evening after I get home from work. Probably a few more things I could do, and I had planned on attempting paint chipping, but decided not to. Overall I'm happy w/ the outcome, and I'm definitely ready for it to be done. First build I'll have completed in about 18 months.

Befehlsjager%20101.jpg

Bought a couple wood plaques at Hobby Lobby this morning that I think I'll be using to make a base for it. Haven't decided yet whether to just stain it and then get a small name plaque made, but I've also thought about maybe doing a bit of terrain, maybe like a gravel road or something. Not really sure yet.

Adam Baker: Befehlsjager 38 (99%!)

No man! Do some ground, some Grass, some MUD, some dust!! Make it look like it didn't just come out of the Panzer-Wash! This REALLY cool, but He needs some SCHMUTZ!! Marks of experience! U can do it!!

you got 17 hours Adam, I know you not going to work with this pending :smack

Haha, yea, I did Bob. Thought about getting the flat coat on it last night, but I was too tired and some of the bit's I'd painted weren't completely dry yet so I didn't want to rush it too much.

Things are fairly light at work right now so I think I should be able to leave on time, so I should have plenty of time to get it done this evening.

All Done!

Befehlsjager%20104.jpg

Next step will be the base. Going to continue working on cleaning it up so I can stain it. I am then going to attempt ground cover for the first time.

Thanks guys!

There are quite a few things I kinda wish I'd done differently, and I definitely wish I'd spent more time over the last 6 months I'd worked on it instead of letting it sit for several weeks, and I could have gotten more done, but oh well. I'm happy w/ the results.

Really like this, Adam. When I get back in to armour modelling this is very high on my 'to do' list.

Ian.

Back