• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy M50A1 Ontos with extra's

Thanks, well some paint is used already ;)

I didn't do much lately so it took a lot of time to paint all the interieur parts. I will be a dirty vehicle, already a long time active in the jungle of Vietnam. I'm still thinking about a setting, but first finishing this Ontos.

I made one picture of the interior, my camera needs a bit cleaning up, so not a very good picture.
021-Interieur.jpg

Grtz Johanna

Thanks guys for the nice words.

I have done a bit more, brought the decals on the upper hull and painted all the parts that needed another color than the base color. It's to dark to make pictures, but the will come soon.

Re: Academy M50A1 Ontos with extra's update 04-04

Hi there,

The last pictures from a "clean" Ontos before I will start weathering this model.

022-Laklaag.jpg

023-Laklaag.jpg

024-Laklaag.jpg

Grtz Johanna

Hey that looks great!!! Factory fresh. (y)

Terry ;)

Johanna,

Would you be able to take photos on a lighter background? It is a great build but hard to see in the last photos. Perhaps it is my new glasses that need adjusting?
:idonno

Regards,

Just notice some overspray of the black on the side, might can touch it up with some thinned base coat, also try out some rusting on the exhaust. Lots of neat techniques out there. Thanks for sharing this Johanna. (y):

It looks nice and clean. I think you may want to go back and check your references, the spotting .50 cal. guns are not brass. Also the shell heads should be a light green color too.

Other than that, bring on the dirt!

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. Great!

Some answers. There is a little overspray, it was my own fault, I sprayed another part of the stowage and forget that the Ontos hull was just standing close. It's just a small part and as I have plans to load the Ontos with stowage and mayby some sandbag, most will not be visible anymore.

Next time better pictures, I have just a small aera left on my workbench because I'm working on 3 models to finish them, no excuse of course but I couldn't think about a better reason.

I have put al parts together, filled a small hole between de upper and lower hull, the rest fitted with problems.

Soon more on this project.
Johanna

Re: Academy M50A1 Ontos The End 13-05-2011

Hi there, well I have managed to solve the problems and made it work. That means that I have finished this project, decided not to do any figure, I had just before I found this sites, a Vietnam project with Bravo figures finished ...
032-Afgerond.jpg

033-Afgerond.jpg

Back to this project with the Ontos.

Left alone in a desolate, wet place somewhere in Vietnam ... this is the end my friend(s)
025-Eind.jpg

026-Eind.jpg

027-Eind.jpg

028-Eind.jpg

029-Eind.jpg

I enjoyed my first groupbuild, thanks for the comments!
Cheers, Johanna

Back