• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy M50A1 Ontos with extra's

Jogy

Hi,

I like to participate in this groupbuid, because the Vietnam period is on of the interesting periods in history.
I will ago I have bought the Academy kit and watched someone else building it. His build showed that the guns were not top, so I bougt the Voyager set and last week the extra boxes from Verlinden arrived.
001-Materiaal.jpg

I will soon start, first to finish some other things like the Stug. But I will start before 2011, time enough ;)

Johanna

Looknnig forward to this. Such a weird little vehicle. Looks like lots of goodies to dress it up also.
James

Going to be a cool build Johanna looking forward to it.

Terry B)

Thanks all, I have finished the Stugg and started with the plastic parts of this kit. Soon I will show some progress pctures ;)

Re: Academy M50A1 Ontos with extra's 1st update

Hello,

The first update.

I have started the build with the first steps in the plan and build the supension and the wheels.
First part.
004-Wielophanging.jpg

Wheels are made and dryfitted.
005-Wielophanging.jpg

006-Wielophanging.jpg

With the upperhull.
007-Wielophanging.jpg

The suspension is not ready, but I will stop here, because I have first to paint the lower hull and the fixed part of the suspension and the wheel.

Before the painting I started building the Verlinden resin interior. Inside the box are some resin parts and a description with to dark pictures.
008-Resin%20interior.jpg

First I dryfiited the floor and wall parts, they needed some cleaning up before I could place them.
009-Resin%20interior.jpg

010-Resin%20interior.jpg

With the upperhull. No problem to get the upperhull closed on the lowerhull.
011-Resin%20interior.jpg

After a few houres work, the interior is almost finished. There will be some parts on the floor, they already been build, but not glued inside.

This is what I have done and more will folllow.

Johanna

Re: Academy M50A1 Ontos with extra's 1st update

I get claustrophobic just looking at this. Would hate to think how cramp the real one was. Great start Johanna!

Thanks ;)
It's really small, the kit itself is 11cm long, so I don't think it's nice to stay inside, everthing closed and 40C outside, not my thing.

I have done a little bit of work lately. First I finished all the resin from the 1st Verlinden kit. It's not a bad kit, everything fits very well, only the drawing is to dark, so if you don't have a good reference, is sometimes a quiz to find the right place for the parts.

The part in the tower or how it's called.
013-Resin%20turret.jpg

I will make some cables and other stuff, but first finish this part.

Everytime I had to dryfit the upper and lowerhull and with the last parts of resin, I had to cut some parts away. Also on this picture you can see some of the PE. Voyager PE is very thin, works good, but with my problems it's sometimes difficult. So I had to clean some parts ;)
014-Beetje%20PE.jpg

This last pictures shows the interior from outside. There will be enought light to see the interior when everything is finished
015-Van%20buitenaf.jpg

I have to start with all the guns, that will take more time and after that I start dryfitten some of the stowage.
So stay tuned ;)

Johanna

What the ... is that? Ohh, your work looks great, but this ah ... thing ... that was real? ... just to confuse charlie or what?

Hi,

Thanks for the comments.
The Verlinden kits are new and I think specially designed for the Ontos, I fits good.

The project is still in the same stadium, I have been sick for a long period, but hope to finish this project before the enddate ;)

Thanks, Johanna

Hi,

There is some progress, I have the hope to finish the build soon and at that moment I will make some pictures from the last stage of the build before the paint will cover all the parts.

So stay tuned for the next update ;)

Johanna

Hello,

It is a long time ago that I have worked on this project. The last week I got some inspiration and I used that for finishing the build of the Ontos. I can do more detailling but where to end, so I decided that this is enough.

I put the part together for the pictures, in real the are still apart.
016-Bouw%20af.jpg

017-Bouw%20af.jpg

This pictures show some of the interior. There will be more inside, but I kept this parts apart from the rest to make painting easier.
018-Bouw%20af.jpg

019-Bouw%20af.jpg

020-Bouw%20af.jpg

It's now time for some paint. I will use Vallejo air, but I have to find the right color.

Sofar for now!
Johanna

Fine looking PE work, be careful of the barrels. They look to be a bit misaligned when looking from top.

That looks pretty cool. Never been interested by this vehicle, but seeing your built I'm now intrigued. Looks very neat with the open door and full interior. (y) (y)
James

Back