• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy 1/32 F-16I SUFA

They look even smaller.
1000006214.jpg
1000006213.jpg

Good shot, so they are over stated on the model. That's a lot of surgery to do. :sawall
What do you think of this? I made a template from tape and cut out from a metal plate .35mm thick and shaped it around a paintbrush. It is very close, but may not have to be the 100% exact shape because it will be open. Thinking of etching the hinge joints...
1000006215.jpg

Turns out the Israeli's seem to be more secretive with what's behind door number one. Those photos are ours and Singapore. I can't seem to word the search in a way that brings up Israeli nose cones that are open. Does that mean "Go ahead, because no one will know anyway since there is no reference" or ""forget it, there is no reference"?

I’ve got an Isradecal book at home, though I think it just covers the Netz & Barak. I’ll try to remember to take a look tonight when I get home.

I began surgery tonight. Nothing unexpected occurred. The panel came off easily. I began reconstructing the radar compartment with styrene sheet, "I"bar, and flat strips. Getting the rear bulkhead to shape was tricky and took 3 tries. I need to pick up some specific size "L" strips tomorrow. Man, this is fun.
1000006234.jpg
1000006235.jpg
1000006236.jpg

Others could check me on this. But those panels wouldn't be open during preflight, those aren't really inspection panels.
Meh, that's what I get for knowing absolutely nothing about what I am doing. Never entered my mind what you are saying. I have til March 2024 to finish this so I may try to make a maintenance diorama? I will go ahead with this radar thing then see what's what. Maybe bombs on loading racks? Israeli maintenance women working on the plane? Ellifino

Book can't hurt, you can always put a price tag on it after you're done and resell!

Weapons on trailers and a Jammer sitting around would add a lot of interest so I'd say go for it.

Also from what I can see the bird slicers seem to be half sized from others I have seen.
Uh...what? What's a birdslicer?

James what's your take on weapons and aircraft in maintenance? No trying to steer Greg one way or another, I think it would be cool to see open panels and weapons waiting to be loaded.

If you go to Scribd they have a book on the Sufa. Might have some pics. I'll have to wait till I get home to log on and see. https://www.scribd.com/document/567622942/F-16I-Sufa-in-IAF-Service-by-Raanan-Weiss-Z-lib-org
Also from what I can see the bird slicers seem to be half sized from others I have seen.
James
James, that e-book is LOADED with photos! Oh My Goodness, that is a game changer. It is a photo treasure trove for anyone building this plane. I thank you thank you thank you!

Back