• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A SPECIAL U-BOAT...Just finished!

lupanzer

Master at Arms
Hi mates!

Type VII U-boats were the most commom type of German WWII U-boat.U-boat stands for Untersseboot,wich means submarine in German.

The type VII C was the workhorse of the German U-boat force,with 568 comissioned from 1940 t0 1945.

In the end of 1944 some submarines of type VII C tried to use as carriers of midget submarines of the type "Biber", but unsuccessfully. I´ll make this special version...

The model, in the 1:350 scale is from FLAGMAN, an unusual Russian modelling company...

...the usual start pictures...

See you soon!

Luiz.

A SPECIAL U-BOAT...

Looks like some nice molding there. Will watch with interest.
James

A SPECIAL U-BOAT...

Very cool.

The Biber is pretty small in 1/350, looks like a board game piece.

A SPECIAL U-BOAT...

Thank you guys for the support...hope to finish this project soon...I´ll try some weathering techniques on this one although its very small size :frantic

Luiz.

A SPECIAL U-BOAT...October 10th Update

Hi all!

At finally,the u-boat is ready for painting...

...the shafts,propelers,vertical and horizontal rudders complex....

...the small base...

...the antennas...

...the "Biber" and its "father"...

Regards!

Luiz.

Looking good Luiz. Man that little parasite sub sure is small. Loving it.
James

Keep getting intermittant broken links to your pics Luiz. What I have been able to see looks good though. (y)

...After a long time :facepalm , at finally it is completed...I´m very happy with this little joy in the 1:350 scale...THANK YOU Bob for the support!...the final shots :

See you in the next!

Luiz.

Back