• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A/SB-01 B-17R "Bladewing"

Gerry, the vibrating table "might" work, but most probably won't. What you really need is a vacuum chamber. The vac enlarges the air bubbles so they rise and pop easier. It also will draw out the air in the mold so that when the vac is released the air will push the resin down into the mold details.

Gerry, the vibrating table "might" work, but most probably won't. What you really need is a vacuum chamber. The vac enlarges the air bubbles so they rise and pop easier. It also will draw out the air in the mold so that when the vac is released the air will push the resin down into the mold details.

I know Paul just trying to do it the redneck way ...... You see I have a heating pad that the switch and other stuff went bad in ...... so if you put that on a square piece of wood .... mounted on springs on the corners ....... It may just work ..... :eek:ldguy

I know Paul just trying to do it the redneck way ...... You see I have a heating pad that the switch and other stuff went bad in ...... so if you put that on a square piece of wood .... mounted on springs on the corners ....... It may just work ..... :eek:ldguy
:huh: :unsure: :idonno :eek:ldguy

I'm thinking I will try the vacuform way first. Just need to buy a few materials to make a box!!

Should be soon, I'll try and get back to this now that I have a few deadlines out of the way!

I'm thinking I will try the vacuform way first. Just need to buy a few materials to make a box!!

Should be soon, I'll try and get back to this now that I have a few deadlines out of the way!

:hmmm Ya might be onto somethin' thar Warren! :popcorn

While I ponder away on making a vac form box and how to tackle so other elements of this project, I figure it's time to get back at it!

I decided to try to tackle my engine issues. Gotta turn 4 Wright R-1820 Cyclones into turbo jets! :bang head

My first attempt was to try and cut a few blades out by hand. I quickly realized this would take forever! :gogo

h85bd515.JPG

So, then I came up with a way to make numerous blades in a few steps.

h209bd07.JPG

How's this look??

h3027f95.JPG

ha39fe0c.JPG

got to try and get one sample engine together, then I can copy it to the other three. More on this later!

:geek :bang head

While I ponder away on making a vac form box and how to tackle so other elements of this project, I figure it's time to get back at it!

I decided to try to tackle my engine issues. Gotta turn 4 Wright R-1820 Cyclones into turbo jets! :bang head

My first attempt was to try and cut a few blades out by hand. I quickly realized this would take forever! :gogo

So, then I came up with a way to make numerous blades in a few steps.

How's this look??

got to try and get one sample engine together, then I can copy it to the other three. More on this later!

:geek :bang head
Great cheat (y)

Thank you gentlmen! You too Ed! :D

Played around a bit this morning too. Using the parts from the Aires B-58 Hustler kit,

h29d8ba8.JPG

as well as a test tube and cap, some aluminum tape and some old sprue...

hdf40d56.JPG

an engine is starting to take shape!

h9decfa7.JPG

h109f62c.JPG

It'll still need some more wiring and tubing but its coming together!

Thank you gentlmen! You too Ed! :D

Played around a bit this morning too. Using the parts from the Aires B-58 Hustler kit,

as well as a test tube and cap, some aluminum tape and some old sprue...

an engine is starting to take shape!

It'll still need some more wiring and tubing but its coming together!

Outstanding!! (y) (y) Gotsta have the Oh Chit handles!! :eek:hyeah :drinks :drinks

It's been awhile!

I'm going to get back on this soon but I've come to the realization that it is too big a project for a campaign. I didn't account for how busy my spring and now summer would be and how I wouldn't exactly have time to test some vacuforming.

So, I'll continue on with it at a snails pace!

:D

Back