• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A/SB-01 B-17R "Bladewing"

sharkman

Master at Arms
I'm very excited about this campaign... Let's get started! :woohoo: :geek

Here's the kit...

h40e5d8b.JPG

Here's the time stamp...

hd238a1c.JPG

and the AM stuff I'm going to add for the moment... there might be more later

Aires B-58 Hustler exhast nozzles
LionMarc 3.7 mm Bordkanone
2 LionMarc 1/48 75 mm M3 barrels
Mastermodel 37 mm gun barrels

he87de20.JPG

More to come!!!

:geek

So, what am I going to do with all this? Well, during one of my internet surfing sessions back in the early fall I stumbled upon a Lego building website (eurobricks.com) which had a rather interesting rendition of a Steampunk Star Wars B-wing.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98218

I thought it was quite ingenious and looked cool to boot! One feature that immediately got me thinking though was the tiny little prop-like things on the engines. It was those prop-like pieces that sparked a question in my mind of what would a B-17 look like as a B-wing star fighter from Star Wars.

I figured the actual props would be troublesome but if it had 4 engines with the original B-17 cowls that might look cool.

Anyway, I wanted to play around and see what this thing might look like with Photoshop. I was trying to find a good shot of a B-17 from the top on an angle but didn't have much luck. I finally found an image from a beautifully built Boeing YB-40 by Matt Swan that had the correct angle from the top that I needed (http://www.swannysmodels.com/YB40.html) and began playing around.

So, here's my idea...

h9a3d3a9.JPG

Now, I just have to make it!

:D

Thanks everyone!

It's cutting day!!

I had a 24 hr stomach flu yesterday but had a chance to go at this this morning.

Started with the top wings.. Just have to remove the engine nacelles from these and they will form the main airfoil

h7d47e2e.JPG

h1b366d0.JPG

Then onto the bottom wings. Again, I'm removing the engine nacelles but also cutting off the wing tips to make the port and starboard S-foils

h3c349cf.JPG

ha0b7231.JPG

I'll use the other parts to form the main foil by the body,

Speaking of the body....

ha4f7540.JPG

hecd0149.JPG

and finally just a rough layout..

ha8464e9.JPG

So, I'm committed now (or I should be). I just chopped up a perfectly good B-17 :smack

Most of us on this Geek Build have been committed to the soft rubber room

I am saving you a special room mate that looks awesome

be glad you only had the 24 hour one, Mine has been festering for 3 days now. :sick:

Man that's a lot of choppin' you're doing Warren, git'er done. :popcorn

be glad you only had the 24 hour one, Mine has been festering for 3 days now. :sick:

Man that's a lot of choppin' you're doing Warren, git'er done. :popcorn

Started out as a 24 hr one and turned into 4 days now! :sick: Haven't been doing much except purging and sleeping!!

:(

Back