• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A pic from Clearwater North Beach, FLA. One week before Helene.

Tim A.

My wife in front of our condo last week on Clearwater North Beach. Quite a different story there this week.
1000008276.jpg

I'm sure the view today has boats, flotsam and jetsam scattered the beach about and water lines 4 feet or higher on buildings.
Helene was merciless. Moonpuppy, errains and iambrb are without power and will be until Tuesday as far away as SC. NVTS, nuts!
Our May tornado came and was gone in minutes. None of this "stick around all day and try to kill you" shit that hurricane Helene did.

I used to live in Oklahoma. (will go back when I retire) Folks would tell me that they would rather live in FL, TX, or along the coast areas as they were afraid of tornados. My reply was that tornados hit small areas and you might never see one. Hurricanes hit big areas and it is a matter of when not if you will have to deal with one if you live on the gulf coast.
With that said, I am sorry to see that there is so much damage from this. Hope our SC friends get their power back soon.

I'm sure the view today has boats, flotsam and jetsam scattered the beach about and water lines 4 feet or higher on buildings.
Helene was merciless. Moonpuppy, errains and iambrb are without power and will be until Tuesday as far away as SC. NVTS, nuts!
Our May tornado came and was gone in minutes. None of this "stick around all day and try to kill you" shit that hurricane Helene did.
Helene come out of nowhere. We got our power back this afternoon. Power outage sucks, but at least we still have a home for the electricity to come back on to.

I used to live in Oklahoma. (will go back when I retire) Folks would tell me that they would rather live in FL, TX, or along the coast areas as they were afraid of tornados. My reply was that tornados hit small areas and you might never see one. Hurricanes hit big areas and it is a matter of when not if you will have to deal with one if you live on the gulf coast.
With that said, I am sorry to see that there is so much damage from this. Hope our SC friends get their power back soon.
It was an epic storm. Made it all the way to our place in Cohutta, N. Georgia. East Tennessee, North Carolina, and South Carolina got punched hard too.

Back