• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

''A'' for Arado!

This Arado has only just a few more smaller decals needed put on before the decaling is finished, unlike the He 162 and B & V P.194 the Arado won't need anymore camouflage painting done to it so of the three models currently underway this one should be finished first. :v

h129ce23.JPG

h915b954.JPG

hda8e7c6.JPG

hf71e128.JPG

Matrixone

Thank you Randy.

Most of the tiny bits have been added and oil paint was used to highlight the control surfaces. This model won't take too much more work before I can declare it being finished.
The hardest part of this build is yet to come, after the flat clear coat is on and the masking removed from the canopy I will have to had paint around the edges of the glass...doing this won't be easy on a nearly complete model. :unsure:

ha3eeeb7.JPG

h4728a2f.JPG

h096a4b8.JPG

Matrixone

Les, you know I've always admired your work, but looking again at that scribble camo... such a fantastic effect and great airbrush control. One of your very best, friend.

Are you still posting over on 'What If' ??

Ian

Brilliant work on that mottling, Les- amazing, considering it's in Teensy Scale! ;)

I don't envy you on painting those rubber seals- I'm bending my brain for ideas on doing that. :snoopy

Brilliant work on that mottling, Les- amazing, considering it's in Teensy Scale! ;)

I don't envy you on painting those rubber seals- I'm bending my brain for ideas on doing that. :snoopy

Chuck, I think it might be easier to paint the seals first and then mask for the frames :idonno Just a lot of masking :bang head

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys!

The masking was removed from the canopy and I attempted to hand paint the black seal around the windows, this was hard to do on the nearly finished model with a lot of small breakable bits sticking out. Nothing was bent or broken but the hand painting was not very good either. :hmmm It is what it is. ;)

he220424.JPG

h423f04c.JPG

h01ffb0e.JPG

Matrixone

Thanks guys,
This model turned out okay but I will have to see what it looks like on my airfield before I can decide if its a success or not. This Arado reminds me a little bit of the three seat Me 262 Nightfighter I built earlier this year...looks okay but it was a flop in my airfield pictures.

Matrixone

Thanks guys!

The masking was removed from the canopy and I attempted to hand paint the black seal around the windows, this was hard to do on the nearly finished model with a lot of small breakable bits sticking out. Nothing was bent or broken but the hand painting was not very good either. :hmmm It is what it is. ;)

he220424.JPG

h423f04c.JPG

h01ffb0e.JPG

Matrixone
Uberfantastic :notworthy

Back