• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A few things I have been working on

First time I saw the B-2 flying over was at the Patrick AFB airshow, 1995.
Another time the wife and I were returning from the Bahamas on a cruise ship going into Port Canaveral when two C-17's where doing touch and goes at Patrick AFB, that was the first time a was able to see C-17's flying around. Watched them from our balcony of our stateroom from about ten miles out.
Took these picture in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It was a support aircraft for the president when he came into town.
2012-04-25 14.02.12.jpg
2012-04-25 14.09.27.jpg

Frank

Frank there's something that flies over most every day, something heavy. I've never seen it, when I hear it I try to check the radars to see what it is, nadda. My best find was one day coming home from work i see this strange looking aircraft with a blue tail, very long. Then she banked and I could see the wing shape. It's a C130? Saw it several times, got home and fired up the Flight Radar and sure nuff, I could see it running patterns over our local airport. It had come out of Donaldson Center where Lockheed has a facility. Turned out it was a
According to what I saw it was just built in the last year. Man it was slick.
Sorry for the hijack
So I heard my Heavy again today and I hopped on the website and caught it!
P3 Orion out of Donaldson center (Lockheed Martin has a faciltiy there for the P3 and C130 stuff)
1590097677217.png

Heading your way Bruce, Duck!!

LOL, call us spotters, Bruce caught a picture of him when he went over his house. Not a great picture but you can tell it's a P3.

Hi Frank, I just now caught your request for pictures of one of our Cobras with a 20mm. I also have a set of our units( D troop 3/4 Cav. ) teeth decals in 1/72nd scale, if your interested. Also don't forget to tint the canopy blue. I'll dig out the pics and post them. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

Thanks Gary.
Pictures would be great.
Tint blue?
What year was the pictures taken?
Frank:choppa:

Bob,
The bird you happen to track is a Lockheed P-3B Orion AEW - N146CS of the US Custom Service.
View attachment 123334
Cool looking aircraft.
Frank
:pilot
Bruce sent me the photo he took, not worth posting but sure nuff, you can see the radome up top, I thought it was the opposite wing at first, it's just a couple of blurry pixels. I bet they had a better view of Bruce than he did of them. 🔎

Sorry for the total hijack of the thread Frank.

I was able to get some decals placed today.
CH-34D OOB decals.
20200520_150241.jpg
20200520_150214.jpg

UH-1N
20200520_150310.jpg
20200520_150331.jpg
:choppa:
Thanks for following.
Frank

Bruce sent me the photo he took, not worth posting but sure nuff, you can see the radome up top, I thought it was the opposite wing at first, it's just a couple of blurry pixels. I bet they had a better view of Bruce than he did of them. 🔎

Sorry for the total hijack of the thread Frank.
No need to apologize
You are not hijacking the thread.
This is for all to enjoy.
I don't have many people to talk aircraft with.
So this is fun.
Frank

Fantastic work Frank! Your Huey looks so much better than mine! I have so much to do in order to bring it up to any kind of decent standard. Hopefully soon; I'm getting tired of mine on my bench! These pics are most motivating for that!

Keep them coming Frank!

Thank you to all.
Friday will be the next bench time.
Agenda is to complete the rotors for the UH-1N and CH-34D.
Dull coat everything.
Decals on the UH-72.
This may move into Saturday also.
Frank

Finally polished and on her gear.
20200616_141303.jpg

Speed brakes have a bad fit. Tried to correct as best I could.
They will be left open, even though the brakes are only open on the ground for maintenance.
20200616_135152.jpg

Used brass to make the actuating pistons.
20200616_135255.jpg

Decals, seat and canopy left.
Maybe Friday, it is going to be raining.
Frank

Back