• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

'71 Nissan Skyline 2000GT

helios

Had the itch to mess w/ a car this weekend...so ventured down another spontaneous quick build. I was hoping to have it finished up over the weekend, but came up a bit short. The kit is a bit of a double edged sword.

Drawbacks for me are that it is a curbside model (pretty standard for the Japanese), parts have a fair bit of flash & seams to clean up, and my biggest gripe is the in complete interior. In the end, you don't see it that much, but incomplete floorboards w/ holes is a bit excessive. It should be noted however that the curbside "drawback" is also one of the factors to why I chose to build this one this weekend. Nice for an expedited build, but less so for details.

On the upside, it's a unique subject and comes with optional parts to tailor the build to your taste/preferences. The sprues contain most parts for 3 basic configurations: 2000GT, GT-R, and custom. I think the biggest thing missing to build this as a GT-R, is the different rear bumper (no reverse lights) for the '69 GT-R (based off tail lights). There are 3 different grilles, tail light panels, dashboards, center consoles, and steering wheels. You are even provided to choice of 2 different wheels. I've been building mine as a mix and match of the 3.....though predominantly 2000GT & GT-R bits.

The bits.
full

We don't need no stinking chrome! Stripping the steel bumpers to re-do in "aluminum". Less weight = more speed! :cool:
full

I've got 3 bottles of Duck Egg Blue laying around...so figured why not. Seems like it might be a hue you'd find on an older car.
full

Getting started Sunday morning.
full

GT-R dash. Also of note, the "custom" rear coilover. :lol:
full

Where I left off last night. Hope to get some of the loose ends finished up in the next couple days.
full

full

Easy way to strip chrome plate? Easy-off oven cleaner.

Another build that I have never seen before! Looking really good!
3D_emoticon_185.gif

Back