• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2020 Plastic Surgeons

Not sure if I would eligible or have anything finished in time...but hey why not it's a great idea!!! (y)

HARRUMPH!..HARRUMPH!!! :beer
:v

Unless you're going to help judge, I am sure you're eligible. I like the idea, seems like we should get the new site up and running before it kicks off. Guessing this would be like a regular contest, instead of a campaign? Let's make a new thread to discuss.

Damn the cooties, full speed ahead.

:drinks

Here's an entry: :D

hf8d344a.JPG

I do a lot of driving at my job, so I have lots of time to think up stuff.
I have received more F.O.S. votes than Harrumph votes from Club members.
Perhaps our membership prefers to wait for "Sunnier Days" and have an actual show. That also makes good financial sense. It does not serve the purpose of brightening these dreary times.

For me and my house, we choose not to buy into the Rona Hysteria. We aren't hoarding much of anything. We are being prudent about community spread. My Employer has given me absolute authority about entering homes where evidence of the sickness is apparent.

Thanks to you Men for your support. I have no expectation my idea will come to much.

Well I thought it was a good idea. Hey, keep them coming Chris, anything to brighten these days is most welcome.

Unless you're going to help judge, I am sure you're eligible. I like the idea, seems like we should get the new site up and running before it kicks off. Guessing this would be like a regular contest, instead of a campaign? Let's make a new thread to discuss.

Damn the cooties, full speed ahead.

:drinks

As I said before...

Eduard is doing this.

http://app.se6les.cz/public/open/nlink/?u=892e9ba4-3359-11e4-8c35-002590a1e85a&c=bc854671-6a13-11e4-96a5-002590a1e85a&l=4195e0cc-6d45-11ea-a985-560000895555&sid=acdd6074e0274529ad1174d5a8fa3e47

I like the smell of it. (?!?)

A few Surgeons, with guests Moonpuppy & our Ol' Greg Metzger had a Zoom Club meeting Thursday Last. It was cool because we could connect, in SOME fashion, with modelers and friends. Watching the Florida sunset over the water and among the palms was awesome when Greg was on. I showed of my Lego Pitcher's Karaoke bar a little. (aka The Foo Bar. It isn't a model but it stands in for the real thing while have happy hour and practice my Honey's singing hobby until the panic is ended).
For myself, I am unaccustomed to seeing my own face during meetings. I am an "Essential Worker" so I see the day to day effects of the Wuhan plague in person. Teresa and I are well & healthy.
I encourage every invited modeler to join these virtual meetings. It helps to lift sagging optimism.

I enjoyed it, nice to put a voice to the face..or face to the online profile...or whatever it is.

You know, might be fun to have a MA wide meeting if someone has the gumption to set one up. :hmm:

We had a discussion about this but I was waiting on the new forum at the time...I'm game...I've used Google Hangouts, Meets, Zoom, and Skype in the last nearly two months with great success...but one needs a good online connection to host which I don't have out here in the country...

I'd be up for one of those. And the next time the Plastic Surgeons have one of these, feel free to post the information here so others can plan for it.

Indeed, Sir. Our club meeting are on Zoom now. We've had the pleasure of several distinguished guests. It is the best we can do during the Kung Flu Panic-demic. We voted to cancel SurgiCon 2020 all together and focus on next April. I hate this. Our Nation's economy in near ruin. Americans terrified to live. I hate this. :ph:

Last night's Zoom meeting was fun! When actual club meetings begin again I will be pleased, but Happy Hour dwinkies and smoking won't be part of meeting time then. I so look forward to having the things that torment our Nation end, On or about November 5th of this year.

My 2 cents, If you happen upon any BLM or Antifa "Protesters" Don't try to bamboozle them with Truth, or confuse them with Facts. They already know EVERYTHING! Keep you sidearms handy. Be safe Brothers. This too shall pass.

20 August Plastic Surgeons ZOOM meeting had only myself, Francisco, who hosts the meetings and stalwart Dave Bettis.
It seems the novelty of on-line meetings has faded. Not much new to go on about. Today is delivery day. We're taking models to modelers that want to build them in our area.

Back