• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

2024 Plastic Surgeons Posts

President Nate Stevens relates from last night's meeting we didn't make it to, that the 12 members in attendance voted unanimously to have our next contest at yet another new venue. Next year's SurgiCon 29 will be held in the delightful hamlet of Nevada (Ne-VAY-da) IA on April 5th.
I think it's this one.
https://www.nevadacubs.org/activities/gates-memorial-hall/

The price is very attractive and there's no upcharge for use of extra tables. A huge kitchen, stage, projector and retractable screen are a few of the amenititties. Lots of rules. :wow:
An "Adult" is required. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
We may have to hire an Actor!

This spot is only 20 miles away from Ames, IA and Mike Ruff's "The Hobby Shop", the very hobby shop I bought my first model kit in, 52 (almost) years ago and only 35 miles away from Boone, IA where the cool Sidetrack Hobbies railroad hobby shop is.
It's only 70 miles from our rural home and model production facility. Pfoof!, er, YAY!!

After last show's rude and unreasonable treatment of our band of modelers and members in the Bondurant Legion hall, we will not be returning there. Now, don't get to thinking that IPMS Plastic Surgeons hop from venue to venue like a bewildered bullfrog in heat. Our group merely seeks an affordable venue and we hope that past and future attendees will find their way to Nevada to join our model fun.

In days past, we spent the money for the grand metropolitan Des Moines venue and made easy access to the show, hobby shops and dining spots in or near a larger city for local and out-of-town modelers alike. I miss those days.

I don't stick around for the "Business" part of the meeting most of the time. Teresa has to work WAY early on every Friday morning.
We have our show. 2 weeks later we begin to plan the next one and talk about it at every meeting until the next show.
I do not now and never have believed the Club existed for the sake of the contest. It was not always so.

Stay tuned as more exciting Plastic Surgeon-ness unfolds!!

20240427_193652.jpg
More hobby stuff for Russell's car model adventure. We need forceps 1 big, 1 small, and Tamiya clear red, orange and yellow to finish off the box.
20240427_193530.jpg
We are also now ready to play airplanes, should the opportunity present itself.
20240429_192722.jpg20240429_193111.jpg
It sure seemed a shame to cover those shiny gold leaf decals with Dullcote. I did it anyway. Only a few tears were shed.
These stand ready for delivery to Fred's HO scale marshalling yard.

I will help Russell find his own way into the clutches of our merry band of model miscreants. He can use the brain-vacation model making can bring, in a house with 3 little heathens in it, at least until he is old enough to move out on his own.

Back