• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1914 Minerva

Tim A.

Screenshot_20220416-174027.png

Started work on the Copper State Models Belgian Minerva Armoured car. It's a pretty nice kit out of the box but there's a few details I'll be scratch building to jazz it up.
Got the frame rails, leaf springs and radiator together. The engine is temporarily in place to make sure the radiator was aligned right.
25053-01.jpeg

Loving it. I wondered about the cam scheme for mine but its pretty complex. Looking forward to seeing how you will do it. Still watching with interest.
James

Oh my, that is such a tiny little build. Your finger tips gave an idea of just how small this kit actually is.

The paint and build work so far are quite exceptional. Keep up the good work!

Loving it. I wondered about the cam scheme for mine but its pretty complex. Looking forward to seeing how you will do it. Still watching with interest.
James
Thanks James. The main problem is the kit is designed for the front, back and the two sides of the armor body to be glued to the chassis individually. That adds to the complexity for sure. Even if it's painted in the overall grey scheme I don't like that way of doing things. So I'm not doing it the way. For one thing these parts don't glue up perfect enough to pull it off well enough, if the panels are painted before assembly your just asking for a messed up paint job. I'm studying on the issue...🤔

Oh my, that is such a tiny little build. Your finger tips gave an idea of just how small this kit actually is.

The paint and build work so far are quite exceptional. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Eagle. It is a tiny thing. The period photos of it with the crew of 4 (sometimes 5) riding in it are quite comical. My wife is calling it the clown car 🙃

Today's work. I'm still leaning towards the camo paint scheme. That brings up a variety of issues on this build. The top problem I saw for me is the kit is designed for the front (firewall), back and the two sides to be glued onto the chassis individually after all of the painting is done in the interior but only the body and fenders are in the camo paint. So, I spent about 4 hrs modifying a few things and gluing up the body as one piece so that I could paint in camo then drop it on to the chassis when done.
I've also made sliding covers for the vision cut outs. There is no mention of whether they had them but it would make sense. I saw them done by another modeller and just liked them.
DSC_0006_6-01.jpeg
DSC_0002_24-02.jpeg
DSC_0005_14-02.jpeg
DSC_0001_32-02.jpeg

Back