• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 scale MPM Reppu now FINISHED!!!

matrixone

Here it is, the finished Reppu. This model was built from the limited run MPM kit and this was one of MPM's first kits and was quite a chore to put together but well worth the effort.

This model was built O.O.B. and was painted with custom mixed Model Master enamels, the top side was painted in the shade of paint seen on some of the late war Japanese Navy aircraft which was a glossy dark green with a hint of blue in it.
The Reppu never did reach production status and only two were known to have been built, the colors and markings on my model are fictional and represent what the aircraft may have looked like if it were operational.

405205135.jpg

405205134.jpg

405189308.jpg

405189306.jpg

405189298.jpg

405189256.jpg

405189254.jpg

Matrixone

Very nice Matrixone .... Hmmmm, might have been worth the extra yen for the Fine molds.

I don't have one of these .

Cheers, Christian B)

Thank you Christian,

The Fine Molds kit would be the better option but back in the days when I bought this it was on sale for just a few dollars and I included it in my order sight unseen...I did not even know what a Reppu was back in those days. :D

Matrixone

I agree . The Fine molds are terribly pricey and since so few people know what a Reppu is, I never bothered.

I have too many kits in the closet as is . A lot of them being MPM or similar .

Good job of beating this one into submission.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks guys! :)

After all the work that went into building this model the end result looks drab and boring but I have something unusual on the shelf and consider it a trophy of overcoming a difficult to build kit.

Matrixone

Back