• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Messerschmitt Me 163 B-1a

Thank you so very much gents!

I really appreciate your Support. I know I am repeating myself here but it does mean a lot to me.

And I was able to get a few hours on this Little flea. I am soooo happy that it now almost Looks like something acceptable! Still have to work a bit more in the dilutions, some parts turned out thicker than others, but Overall it is, IMHO, much better.

What do you think?

Now on to decals and weathering. Then the Diorama. then I am done.

Cheers

Alex

h419b0f0.JPG

h3fc9b1f.JPG

h2a8232b.JPG

ha4f2f0c.JPG

hc4d4aaa.JPG

Thank you very much dear friends

So now I am done. It is not perfect, far from it, but I think it Looks better. Much more streamlined and not so "thick". Of course to get the Details on camera I really Need to zoom in.

I had a bit of a Problem with the decals, they were too old. Some I could repair, some not.

In any case, here we go:

This is the Heller model:

h3fe4ee4.JPG

h1ae5f7e.JPG

h2776eca.JPG

h8f71c73.JPG

h97941bd.JPG

ha93b725.JPG

And this is the Little Diorama, one being prepared for a Mission, the other one being brought back from the grass landing Strip. Still missing the personal, I am working on that.

h241e8be.JPG

had16708.JPG

h6cdffd8.JPG

h16682a5.JPG

Cheers and thanks for all your Support

Alex

Great idea for a diorama. I've got several of these little fighters kicking around that I should put in a diorama like yours. (y) (y)

Great idea for a diorama. I've got several of these little fighters kicking around that I should put in a diorama like yours. (y) (y)

Thanks a lot everyone! I really appreciate it!
This is just a quick note since I am on call - again - and due in the ER soon.

Actually I am so excited with these little buggers that I have decided to expand the diorama - Just like you mentioned Dave.
I will add at least two more and start working on a bigger base. Stay tuned!

Cheers

Alex

COOL! This is one of my total faves! I have and will be watching closely! Read the book ROCKET FIGHTER - it is non-fiction of one of the pilots of these aircraft and what they went thru, amazing stuff!

Thanks for the tip. I actually found it untranslated the author (Ziegler) lives not far from Ulm.

I am considering creating a new thread for the diorama, I have two more komets to build: one with full PE and even more resin details and a double seater only with PE. Do you think it would be interesting or since I have already built two it would be too much of beating around the bush? Maybe only post the ready diorama?

Let me hear your thoughts

Cheers

Alex

This is not a thought , rather it is merely something I found yesterday .

It appears to be modern but seems to replicate the test version of the ME 163

All Komets had different paint jobs . What's to tired of ?

komet-red_zps35da4c57.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back