• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Airfix Swordfish

razordws

01Swordfish.jpg

Sorry for the horrible pictre but you get the idea.

This will be my first biplane EVER!

I hope you have an ample supply of string . I build that one years ago. :S Or is it a new mold release ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Let me guess, you are building the Taranto raid scheme and wanted set the mood with similar lighting conditions. :laugh:

:popcorn

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks everyone for stopping in. B)

I've been a little sluggish off the start on this one but had the day off today and was hoping to get the fuse closed up. Unfortunately I had a tussle with the carpet monster after tweezerpulting one of the itty bitty side windows into its domain. Took me nearly an hour of hunting to make him cough it up. I'm pretty stingy and usually only feed him sprue scrapings so he was pretty reluctant to give up such a prime piece.

Anyway, just have to do a wash and install said side windows and then I can close it up. This cockpit is so nice I have to keep checking the box to remind myself that it is indeed an airfix kit. :D

02Swordfish.jpg

03Swordfish.jpg

04Swordfish.jpg

You are certainly right about that being a nice model . (y)

Definitely a major improvement over the one they made in the last century (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks everyone for stopping in. B)

I've been a little sluggish off the start on this one but had the day off today and was hoping to get the fuse closed up. Unfortunately I had a tussle with the carpet monster after tweezerpulting one of the itty bitty side windows into its domain. Took me nearly an hour of hunting to make him cough it up. I'm pretty stingy and usually only feed him sprue scrapings so he was pretty reluctant to give up such a prime piece.

Anyway, just have to do a wash and install said side windows and then I can close it up. This cockpit is so nice I have to keep checking the box to remind myself that it is indeed an airfix kit. :D

02Swordfish.jpg

03Swordfish.jpg

04Swordfish.jpg

Looks swell. :popcorn

Wonderful Job. Such nice Detail Dave, well done!

I find the Swordfish a horrible airplane, but I was surprised when I saw one "in the flesh" in Duxford - they were just massive!

Looking Forward to your Progress.

Cheers

Alex

Back