• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Airfix Swordfish

The extra internal fuel tank carried 90 gals and was only carried by the torpedo armed aircraft. The rear gunner/telegraphist was left behind and the observer occupied his seat. The bomb/flare armed aircraft carried a 60 gal external tank on the centre line and carried all three crewmen.

Cheers,
Rich

Good progress (y)

I thought the extra tank was for when they did long range patrols :idonno

Cheers, B)

It was used for this and for long distance mine-laying in the North Sea. It was also used for long distance "ferries" in the Med. Neat subject! Not too long ago I finished TO WAR IN A STRINGBAG really good read about the use of this plane on WW2!

Thanks everyone for stopping by and for your comments.

Getting down to the crunch time but I should be able to make it by Friday. The wings are now glued on and the rigging was attached to the upper wing before attaching it. Gluing the rigging to the bottom wing should be lots of fun. :gogo I still have some work to do on the motor but then it is just wheels, torpedo and a few other fiddly bits.

11Swordfish.jpg

12Swordfish.jpg

Thanks again for all your comments guys. Really appreciate it!

TA DA!!!

Finished the main rigging right after I got home from work (happy dance) :dance

I have to put the decals on before I can do the rigging on the tail so that is what I'll be working on tonight.

13Swordfish.jpg

14Swordfish.jpg

My secret weapon for tightening up the invisible thread. Nice steady heat source for shrinking the thread and works a treat.

15Swordfish.jpg

Back