• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

1/700 Asheville Class PG Masters, coming along a little (?!?) bit at a time!
hf77d342.JPG

hce98412.JPG

Superstructure still needs some shaping. Hatches & ladders in place. No handrails yet.
The main deck & hull are almost acceptable. My intake trunk for the jet engine was moved to the front of the stack, as I put it on the after side of the pilothouse (OOPS!) Bollards & smoke generator in place! :yipee
The unpictured turret needs a few P/E hatches. I did get the targeting radar figured out!
I missed the Fall molding deadline. BFA! (Yes, there was a Woman involved.) :idonno
Whaddyagonna do?

h589783e.JPG

1/700 U.S. Navy Asheville-Class Patrol Gunboat kit Masters ready to mold. I borrowed a scratch-buit 40mm gun from my PTF-3 model, and womped up the 12 foot covered boat for the Vietnam-Era PG.
It were a Fine couple of Model days! :drinks
Thanks for looking in!

On a happy note, 1 of 3 new molds produced stellar castings! :yipee
hb96b845.JPG

The Smooth-On picked up hand rails, hatches, bollards, 40mm gun, 12 foot boat, turret upgrades and my little targeting radar for the 3" 50 caliber turret cannon as well!
:drinks
This should make a reasonable US Navy Asheville Class gunboat!
:captain
Thanks for looking in!

I do not own all of this model's Intellectual Property. I took a basic PT Dockyards PGM kit and made modifications & updates. I'm not sure I can sell any of these models as my own in good conscience. Unless Dave gives his permission, then we'll see. :idonno

I do appreciate all the kind commentary! :good:

Mr. Dave PT Gregory and I have come to an accord. Following a lengthy and interesting phone conversation We agree we do the molding-casting gaming piece/model stuff we do for the same reason. It is FUN! The TLAR version of this Model will come with turned brass gun barrels, a 10 vessel decal sheet, a basic p/e mast and all the resin pieces to make a more detailed 1/700 Vietnam-era Asheville class PG than has been seen heretofore.

Do not hold your breath for the TLAR version. I haven't hired Mark Tutton to make the decals yet. I haven't even started the instructions yet. I would expect Her to sell for $28.00 or so. As always with TLAR Models, shipping will be free in the Continental United States! :yipee

That is good news. I also want to purchase one or three of these when I get some extra cash. I shall be setting some aside to be ready when these are.

Well then, not a moment to loose! I'll get busy! I expect the mold to survive 20 castings or so, before it looses it's pliability. Thanks Men!

hf3453e9.JPG

h9dd2195.JPG

The Asheville class Patrol gunboat castings have been coming out acceptably. The 3" .50 caliber turret radars are on different molds than the original PGM mold, but will be included in the Kit! :yipee :woohoo:

Back