• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

Rhino, that is looking particularly excellent man! I can't wait to see it with the antenna. You gotta love the small ship navies! I also agree, that little PT boat is "bitchin'"

No joy on the P/E Mast for USS Defiance yet. :blink Dinking about with PT 193, and PTF-3 A Nasty class Boat. :skipper
What do get a Minion that has everything? A Browning Automatic Rifle! You're welcome, Stuart!
IMG_4454.JPG

The music was playing in the office, so Jackie came in and found a wee bag, and stuffed most of herself in it.
IMG_4453.JPG
:silly:

:yipee :yipee :yipee :yipee
The Mast for USS Defiance came in the Post today! It comes from a Skywave P/E set for their JMSDF Patrol boat Uji.
Uji has a D/F loop USS Defiance did not, but I folded up the mast, and left the D/F loop, just 'cuz. :skipper
IMG_4461.JPG

Master Models helped to solve my scale 40mm gun barrel problem. :good: 1/350 20mm guns should be just dandy.
IMG_4458.JPG

Nasty class, PTF-3 carried a 40mm forward and aft. I'm liking the look of this gun mount, so far. USS Defiance will get her after 40mm gun upgraded too! You get 20 barrels in a package, and a #78 drill bit makes a fine hole to glue the Barrel into.
IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4463.JPG

I also bought some 1/350 37mm Flak gun barrels, to install in Defiance's 3" 50 caliber gun turret. The don't work to badly for 75mm & 88mm cannon for 1/700 Wehrmacht Tanks. 2 Tiger 1's, a Panther, and a Jagdpanther. Just for the fun of it! :geek
IMG_4466.JPG

I do get carried away, at times. I had to compare Skywave's M4-E8 Sherman, and L'arsenal's German armor. Both SAY 1/700 scale. My opinion is that the Sherman is a might over scale, but He was made in the 1980's. I also think the L'arsenal Tanks are just a tad under scale. I was going to add A/A machine guns to the German tanks, but they look WAY too big. :idonno
IMG_4468.JPG

IMG_4469.JPG

:eek:ldguy :soldier

Wow, keep the window closed, a still breeze will blow away those tanks.

Nasty Class? You kidding me? :captain

Very interesting. The guy has a lot if info on that site but it really needs a modern revamp. Found audio of news cast from AFR back in 1968, that's a way back machine.

Also videos! :woohoo:

If anyone would know about a website revamp, it would be YOU, 'Pup! I've learned a bunch about small boats, since I bought these from PT Dockyards :coolio
I check the dimensions on the L'arsenal Wehrmacht tanks, and they scale out really close!
http://web.archive.org/web/20121228173623/http://afvdb.50megs.com/germany/jagdpanther.html
I put Valeo London gray on the Tiger I's, and good old Model master Sand Gelb, on the Jadg and Panther. when it ccures out, I'll clear coat, and think about camophlage. You DO NOT want to drop a camophlaged 1/700 Panzerwagen!! :facepalm
Front view:
IMG_4470.JPG

Rear view;
IMG_4471.JPG

Side view;
IMG_4473.JPG
:soldier

I finished the 2nd 40mm mount for PTF-3. Still more hull/deck details to add. I ground off the kit windscreen, and found a likely looking p/e bit, but it looked too tall, so I shortened the pilothouse just a tad. :idonno
Whaddya think?
IMG_4522.JPG

IMG_4523.JPG

Using that teeny Dremel burr ball bit, I hogged out the cockpit too. It looks almost pretty good. :drinks
The after 40mm gun fell over. :bang head Oh well.
IMG_4525.JPG

First paint job for PTF-3. Model master OD Green. Misting of same green for PT-193. :drunk
The white blob alongside the PTF is the dingy I made for her.
IMG_4584.JPG

Back