• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Asheville Class Patrol Gunboat

h565bf60.JPG

Light Gull Gray makes a dandy Haze gray in this scale. Future clear coat. Decals next!
:yipee

The pressure pot surprised me last night. It suffered an unscheduled decompression. :frantic
I wash the gasket and clean resin residue (Resin-Deux? Chris?!) from the sealing surfaces periodically.
Evidently I hadn't seated the silicone gasket properly. :facepalm

Cats VANISHED! :rotf

h59657b6.JPG

The only casualty out of all these castings was a bubble in the turret for a new Asheville class kit.

Thanks for looking in!
:salute

Mom had a similar experience with a pressure cooker full of Mulligan stew. Beans hanging from the ceiling. :rotf

OMAFA! :drinks

h1ab7ce7.JPG

The First PG is leaving "The Yard" as PG-84 USS, Asheville. The second version will be USS Defiance, PG-95 with rails, whips, twin .50's
h37225af.JPG

Decals going on, bridge winders in fine, black Gundam marker in progress and assembly of the kit contents.
The Turret and 40mm cannon are painted the wrong gray ( :rotf )
Stay tuned!

Presenting USS Asheville PG-84.

hc2a66b4.JPG

h80adf1e.JPG

Contents of the TLAR kit, finished except for doctoring the bridge winders and final flat coat.
Setting N/NE course next Friday. Bound for Madison WI. (thanks Mike!)
Thanks for looking in!

he4ce175_2018-03-06.JPG

h7e3361c_2018-03-06.JPG

Mark Karolus made this out of his 1/700 Asheville class PG TLAR Models Kit. He was awarded a 2nd prize at the Mad City show for his trouble.
I'm not sure which of us was more thrilled. I had never seen anyone else build one of my model kits before.

A 1/700 ship model enthusiast, Jimmy Strauss from California, spent 25 hours on his Asheville class PG, and IT SHOWS!
Jimmy was generous enough to share pictures of his Model.
h15933be.JPG

h8263d48.JPG

h9e2bac6.JPG

he6cd704.JPG

Mongo Impressed!

https://www.jimmystraussjeeps.com/
He does 1/1 scale US Army vehicles for a living. 1/700 ship models for his hobby.
He's a good Dude.
I want one, but 48 MPH across the desert seems tedious with no DAK Nazis chasing me!

Back