• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Quonset Hut Scene...

Thanks Luiz, Ron, Jeff, and Swordsman...

Had to rework the bunks as there's no way I could fit 6 in there and do what I needed to do...so they are a bit narrower and all legs are more secure to boot...looks much more in scale now. On to the Aves....!!

These look a bit better now...and I've added the Aves Sculpt mattresses/covers....they look better in 3D ;) I used the knife to bring the lower parts of the covers down a bit...since this was taken I also added a little something to each bunk to differentiate them a bit-- I'll wait until they dry before I take more pics...
IMG_0907.jpg

Thanks Terry!

Just about done with the first section-- added the second section to this part of the base...need to add two bunks-- but the Aves Sculpt isn't drying as quickly as I'd hoped so I am waiting on those still...
007~59.jpg

In the meantime, while I had the oils out to weather another build, I figured I'd start the exterior weathering here-- first some streaking-- I used a whole rainbow of oils and then washed them down with some Turpenoid....
005~74.jpg

006~66.jpg

004~74.jpg

003~81.jpg

Chimney cap is a work in progress ;)

Worked on a sign going outside the hut...used up some old decals from a Liberator kit...thought it might be an interesting name for the row of huts that would be present....
005~77.jpg

And the back...gotta sneak Cap in there where I can ;)
006~69.jpg

Thanks Jeff-- this will take some time in the summer I imagine ;) No where near as much work as Bob's Logistics dio...but enough for me ;)

Eisenhower's jeep is nearly there....
001~88.jpg

Need to see what sort of markings would have been on it-- I imagine it was no where near as flashy as Patton's ride ;)

Back