• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Hasegawa Arado 234

mustang1989

I started this model over three years before I finally finished it and ran into a lot of problematic areas with this kit. To say that this kit has now moved into #1 on my most difficult/ frustrating and sometimes angering build would simply be an understatement. In addition to the fact that I felt like I needed to work on my military painting and weathering techniques the nose to fuselage fit of this kit was so tricky for me that I stepped away from aircraft building altogether for those 3 years. Some of it I brought on myself by making things more difficult than they needed to be and other areas were just plain ridiculous the way Hasegawa put this thing together. This Hasegawa offering is touted to be one of the best scale model representations of this iconic plane and on that point I'll agree once it's built. Getting there was the difficult part for me.

higEfD.jpg

kolyiY.jpg

AK1DVy.jpg

JUrM0k.jpg

qSTclE.jpg

0cEvDR.jpg

b5sNF4.jpg

e2K72p.jpg

Cockpit details:

ZEaMxZ.jpg

Engine Shot:

gD3JSp.jpg

Well done, Joe, the paint and screws on the canopy framing are nice added detail.

Gary, I'm pretty sure the Revell and PM kits are all Hasegawa plastic. I have the PM and Hasegawa kits in the B and C versions. The 262 gets all the press but I think the 234 was an amazing airplane.

That is an amazing Build! Congratulations!

A bit of weathering and it could have been a picture of the real thing.

Cheers

Alex
Thanks Alex. Believe it or not there is some subtle weathering on this build. Dunno why it didn't come out on the pictures. Subtle was key for me on this build because 1.) I was practicing on my painting skills and 2.) these aircraft were pretty much brand new during the length of their service so there wasn't just a whole lot of wear and tear on 'em.

Back