• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:48 Academy F-4B *DONE*

1:48 Academy F-4B

Thanks, guys.

Christian, supposedly this kit is already molded in all the correct colors so no painting is required :huh:
Yeah...no.

Nope, well yeah but not just the 'pit, the entire thing. There's even a pic on the side of the box showing it built up with no paint.

Phantom001_zps14a0890f.jpg

The picture of the model looks very nice. Be aware though that other than seat pieces the cockpit is pretty much gray and black.

There is only some black yellow/handles emergency handles and a couple of red switches.....Very boring unless you have power on the aircraft.

No big deal :drinks

Got started on the decals yesterday. The ones for the tail were a bear. I did them over two days so I wouldn't screw anything up.

I also fixed the IP so there are only a couple little silver dots here and there.

The right side looks the same:

SuziSnow009_zps4512285b.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Hey there's Jeff! :drinks

The ol' pig is looking good in it's natural colors. :pilot

Thank you, gentlemen. I just realized that about an inch of the outer edge of each wing is supposed to be white, so I'm going to mask and spray those today, set it aside to dry, and get to work on.......the ordnance :sick:

Back