• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:48 Academy F-4B *DONE*

1:48 Academy F-4B

Thank you, gentlemen. I just realized that about an inch of the outer edge of each wing is supposed to be white, so I'm going to mask and spray those today, set it aside to dry, and get to work on.......the ordnance :sick:

Is the ordnance holding you back?

Regards,

Saul, all ordnance holds me back because I hate ordnance :bang head . But now its all done so that's good thing.

Anyway, I'm pretty much done with decals. I'm not using every one the kit calls for since that would have NINETY FIVE decals on the upper wing surfaces alone which is going to look silly in my opinion.It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't all done in black lettering.

Enough jibber-jabber:

F4001_zpsf042a64d.jpg

Thanks for looking. As always, all comments or suggestions are welcome.

I agree Jeff, the stencils can get nuts.

Ordnance is fun! Whats the loadout going to be?

Well, ordnance is not really needed for the model. However, it would be nice to have the load used for MiG Killing!

Regards,

Finally finished this thing:

PhantomDone002_zpsccd8f23e.jpg

PhantomDone001_zps3eebd1e6.jpg

PhantomDone004_zps5ac93f07.jpg

PhantomDone005_zps8c52d539.jpg

PhantomDone006_zps60caa965.jpg

This the first airplane I've ever buttoned up, mostly because the interior was so sparse there was really nothing to show.

I did almost zero weathering and I may come back to it someday. This is a GREAT kit and I highly recommend it

Thanks for looking. As always, any comments or suggestions are welcome

I've seen this thing in person and the pictures don't do it justice! Great job Jeff. Congrats to you too for punching through and getting it done! :good:

Back