• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 scale 160th SOAR MH-60M

Soooo, I finally got a chance to work on the MH-60M tonight. Man, it's been a long time since I worked on it and it took me a few minutes to get reoriented with my bench and model.
Being a former crew chief, and like Ramon, we sat beside the broom closets as they were called in the hawk, so I decided to tackle the bulbous top of the soundproofing and change it to more resemble the real panel.
Out came the #11 x-acto saw blade, sanding sticks and my handy dandy Dremel tool. After 2 1/2 hours of grinding, sanding, and grinding again, I finally came up with a close enough semblance of the SP broom closet.

As you can see here, the tops of the broom closets are higher up the crew chief window frame and they are in a semi circle shape.

All

I have to do is clean up where I had to use perfect putty and the right side will be done.
All for now until next time. Happy New Year Guys!!!

Tim

There's some of that intimate knowledge I always talk about when you guys model what you flew on. Looks good :popcorn

Nice work Tim ... I was building a Kemans coffin ... Wish this was one of those ... Excellent detail work ... :popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

A little more work on the right side crew chief frame wall. I scratch built the fast rope release handle from strip and rod styrene and for the handle base, I used Archers surface detail resin decals.
After that, I glued on the 4 PE window details from the Eduard MH-60S interior set

All comments and critiques welcome guys!

Tim

Back