• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 scale 160th SOAR MH-60M

Well, everything is on except for the electrical connectors and wiring. I primed it with Tamiya surface primer.
Like I said earlier, it may not be 100% like the real deal, but it has alot more detail than the blank kit part.

Here's a side shot of the part

C&C welcome!

Tim

Find me one and we'll make it happen.

Found a few...

39a10533880f3d39b0965aa2b23d4a15.jpg

Actual size:
helicopter.png

smileys-plane-910020.gif

rescue%20helicopter.png

Heli_Smiley.gif

smileys-plane-910020.gif

make-it-so.png

Regards,

Tim if you don't them on the new website (which I intend to start working on in a week or so) remind me.

Well tonight I started putting in the electrical wiring using .035 solder wire that I snagged from work. This stuff is great for wiring. If you look close, I've got glued on 4 of the 8 Reedoak elec. connectors and begun to glue the wiring in.

Hopefully next time, I will have it done.
Next I finished up the rear troop wall by finishing putting on the rivet decals ( I know, they'll be hidden by my fuel tank, but I know their still there. I'm calling it finished.

I also started on detailing the 185 gal internal tank that some of the 160th helos have on board. Thus is just an in progress shot of the tank and my scratchbuilding attempt at the fuel line fittings.

That's all for now. I AM WORKING ON IT. REALLY I AM!!!

Tim

Hawk,
What kind of Blackhawk is this one? It's based in Boone, and was flying in & out of Camp Dodge, Iowa.
IMG_5856.JPG

COOL MH! :good: :ro:

It's just a plain old vanilla UH-60A. That's an old bird. She has no ESSS stores on the sides and the landing gear sponsons are the narrower type. There's not too many of them left, they've all gone thru Recapitalization and upgraded to UH-60L's. She probably is a National Guard girl. She might be old, but she's still good looking!!! :love

Tim

Thanks guys for the popcorn watchers. This is a slow ride, not nothing like the Duke model factory.
I should be able to start painting some parts soon.
Models could be built alot quicker if it wasn't for AMS. Being an ex crew chief just makes it even worse.
I'll just chalk it up to a labor of love.
I DO LUV MY BLACKHAWKS :love :D

Tim

Back